The town of North Perth is a municipality in Ontario, Canada. Its name is based on its location in the northern portion of Perth County. The major community in North Perth is Listowel.
The Ontario provincial government imposed amalgamation of many municipalities in that province. The changes took effect in 1998, including the joining of rural townships of Elma and Wallace with the town of Listowel.
Ontario Provincial Police currently provides law enforcement services in the community, through a satellite station in Listowel.
- Population in 2011: 12,631
- Population in 2006: 12,254
- Population in 2001: 12,055
- Population in 1996: 11,808
Private dwellings occupied by usual residents: 4792 (total dwellings: 5005)
See also 
- ^ a b "North Perth, Ontario (Code 3531040) census profile". 2011 Census of Population. Statistics Canada. Retrieved 2012-08-10.
- ^ "Business Retention + Expansion Project 2007" (PDF). County of Perth. August 2007. Retrieved 2008-02-10.
- ^ Ontario Provincial police: Western Region Detachment Directory
- ^ Statistics Canada: 1996, 2001, 2006 census
External links