North Plainfield School District
|North Plainfield School District|
|Superintendent:||Dr. Marilyn E. Birnbaum|
|Business Administrator:||Donald Sternberg|
|Address:||33 Mountain Avenue
North Plainfield, NJ 07060
|Enrollment:||3,133 (as of 2008-09)|
|Faculty (in FTEs):||289.0|
|District Factor Group:||DE|
| %± vs.
|10||Operations & Maintenance||1,927||64||1,674||15.1%|
|16||Median Teacher Salary||49,715||11||57,597|
|Data from NJDoE 2009 Taxpayers' Guide to Education Spending.
*Of K-12 districts with 1,801-3,500 students. Lowest spending=1; Highest=70
The North Plainfield School District is a public school district that serves students from Pre-K through Grade 12 from North Plainfield, New Jersey, United States. The district also houses a comprehensive Adult High School and an Adult Community School which offers educational programs for North Plainfield and neighboring community residents. The current budget is approximately $45 million.
The district is classified by the New Jersey Department of Education as being in District Factor Group "DE", the fifth highest of eight groupings. District Factor Groups organize districts statewide to allow comparison by common socioeconomic characteristics of the local districts. From lowest socioeconomic status to highest, the categories are A, B, CD, DE, FG, GH, I and J.
- Elementary Schools
Three elementary buildings provide K-4 pupils with neighborhood elementary education and modern playground facilities. The University of Chicago mathematics program, an integrated language arts approach to communication skills, portfolio assessment on the kindergarten and first grade levels, and multi-cultural awareness characterize the current curricular thrust
- Middle Schools
- Somerset School (507) houses the fifth and sixth grade students. Its program, incorporating interdisciplinary approaches to instruction, encompasses a comprehensive curriculum. Team planning and team teaching are utilized to help build a sense of community and self-respect while preparing for high school study.
- North Plainfield Middle School serves students in seventh and eighth grades within the high school program.
- High School
- North Plainfield High School (1,394), fully certified by the New Jersey Department of Education and accredited by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools, offers a comprehensive program of studies to its 7-12 enrollment.
- Dr. Marilyn Elgart Birnbaum, Superintendent
- Donald Sternberg, Business Administrator / Board Secretary
- District information for the North Plainfield Borough School District, National Center for Education Statistics. Accessed May 2, 2011.
- Taxpayers' Guide to Education Spending April 2013, New Jersey Department of Education. Accessed April 15, 2013.
- NJ Department of Education District Factor Groups (DFG) for School Districts, New Jersey Department of Education. Accessed October 27, 2009.
- Data for the North Plainfield Public Schools, National Center for Education Statistics. Accessed May 2, 2011.
- About Us, North Plainfield School District. Accessed May 2, 2011.
- Administration, North Plainfield School District. Accessed May 2, 2011.
- Somerset County School Directory, New Jersey Department of Education. Accessed November 5, 2009.
- Superintendent, North Plainfield School District. Accessed May 2, 2011.
- North Plainfield Public Schools
- North Plainfield Public Schools's 2010–11 School Report Card from the New Jersey Department of Education
- Data for the North Plainfield Public Schools, National Center for Education Statistics