North Royalton, Ohio
|North Royalton, Ohio|
|Nickname(s): Home of the Bears|
Location of North Royalton in Ohio
Location of North Royalton in Cuyahoga County
|• Mayor||Robert A. Stefanik|
|• Total||21.32 sq mi (55.22 km2)|
|• Land||21.31 sq mi (55.19 km2)|
|• Water||0.01 sq mi (0.03 km2)|
|Elevation||1,201 ft (366 m)|
|• Estimate (2013)||30,367|
|• Density||1,428.6/sq mi (551.6/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1065175|
North Royalton is located at .
According to the United States Census Bureau, the city has a total area of 21.32 square miles (55.22 km2), of which 21.31 square miles (55.19 km2) is land and 0.01 square miles (0.03 km2) is water.
The median income for a household in the city was $57,398, and the median income for a family was $69,983. Males had a median income of $46,764.00 versus $31,173.00 for females. The per capita income for the city was $26,610. About 1.2% of families and 2.3% of the population were below the poverty line, including 1.5% of those under age 18 and 3.5% of those age 65 or over.
As of the census of 2010, there were 30,444 people, 12,944 households, and 8,220 families residing in the city. The population density was 1,428.6 inhabitants per square mile (551.6/km2). There were 13,710 housing units at an average density of 643.4 per square mile (248.4/km2). The racial makeup of the city was 94.6% White, 1.1% African American, 0.1% Native American, 2.7% Asian, 0.3% from other races, and 1.1% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 1.6% of the population.
There were 12,944 households of which 26.5% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 52.5% were married couples living together, 7.9% had a female householder with no husband present, 3.1% had a male householder with no wife present, and 36.5% were non-families. 31.0% of all households were made up of individuals and 10.1% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.33 and the average family size was 2.97.
The median age in the city was 43.5 years. 20.1% of residents were under the age of 18; 7.7% were between the ages of 18 and 24; 24.3% were from 25 to 44; 32.7% were from 45 to 64; and 15.1% were 65 years of age or older. The gender makeup of the city was 48.8% male and 51.2% female.
- Mayor – Robert Stefanik
- President of Council – Larry Antoskiewicz
- Council, Ward 1 – John Nickell
- Council, Ward 2 – Gary Petrusky
- Council, Ward 3 – Dan Langshaw
- Council, Ward 4 – Paul Marnecheck
- Council, Ward 5 – Steve Mueller
- Council, Ward 6 – Dan Kasaris
North Royalton City Schools The North Roylaton School District serves approximately 4700 students in the communities of North Royalton and Broadview Hts.
- Albion Elementary (Grades 1–4)
- Royal View Elementary (Grades 1–4)
- Valley Vista Elementary (Grades 1–4)
- North Royalton Middle School (Grades 5–8)
- North Royalton High School (Grades 9–12)
- Early Childhood Center (ECC) (pre K and K) Located in Broadview Hts.
- St. Albert the Great School (K-8), Saint Albert the Great School
- Royal Redeemer Lutheran School (K-8), Royal Redeemer Lutheran Schools
North Royalton's public library is a branch of the Cuyahoga County Public Library (CCPL), the busiest per-capita system in the country. A new building to which all functions have been transferred opened in August 2013, located two miles north of the city center at 5071 Wallings Road, North Royalton, Ohio. It was formerly located at 14600 State Road (OH-94) with North Royalton's Memorial Park almost adjacent to Route 82. Its website is part of the CCPL's website.
- Anamika Veeramani – 2010 National spelling bee champion
- Brandon Hynick – Minor League Baseball Player
- Michael Nanchoff – footballer
||Middleburg Heights||Parma||Seven Hills|
- "US Gazetteer files 2010". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2013-01-06.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2013-01-06.
- http://quickfacts.census.gov/qfd/states/39/3957008.html. Retrieved 29 October 2014. Missing or empty
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. Retrieved 2011-04-23.
- "Population: Ohio". 1930 US Census. U.S. Census Bureau. Retrieved 28 November 2013.
- "Number of Inhabitants: Ohio". 18th Census of the United States. U.S. Census Bureau. Retrieved 22 November 2013.
- "Ohio: Population and Housing Unit Counts". U.S. Census Bureau. Retrieved 22 November 2013.
- "Incorporated Places and Minor Civil Divisions Datasets: Subcounty Population Estimates: April 1, 2010 to July 1, 2012". U.S. Census Bureau. Retrieved 25 November 2013.
- City website
- North Royalton City Schools official website
- North Royalton Baseball Boosters website
-  Population estimates