North University of China
|North University of China|
|Location||Taiyuan, Shanxi, People's Republic of China|
|Former names||Taihang Industrial School
North China Vocational School of Ordnance
Taiyuan Institute of Machinery
North University of China (NUC; simplified Chinese: 中北大学; traditional Chinese: 中北大學; pinyin: zhōngběidà xué) is a university based in Taiyuan, Shanxi province, China，which was once called North China Institute of Technology (1993–2004). It was formerly known as Taihang Industrial School,which was founded in September 8, 1941, and renamed Taiyuan Institute of Machinery in 1958. School played an important role in the improvement of the quality of our manpower and weaponry of PLA during the War of Resistance against Japan and the War of Liberation. In 2001, Bo Yibo wrote an inscription "The first school for people's ordnance(人民兵工第一校) " at the 60 years' celebration of North China Institute of technology.
- 1 History
- 2 Status
- 3 组织机构
- 4 Research
- 5 See also
- 6 References
- 7 External links
- In 1949:The school was relocated to now address and renamed North China Vocational School of Ordnance(华北兵工职业学校),few years later the name was changed to Taiyuan Machinery Manufacturing Industry School
- In 1958:The school was promoted to a college since of the name which was changed to Taiyuan Institute of Machinery
- In 1961:Approved by the State Council and Central Military Commission, the teachers, students, laboratory equipment, library materials of 4 departments of conventional weapons
(Artillery, automatic weapons, ammunition, fuses) from Beijing Industrial College(北京工业学院)(Present name:Beijing Institute of Technology北京理工大学) was all moved in.
- In 1962: 2 departments of conventional weapons(gunpowder, explosives) from Shenyang Institute of Technology(沈阳工学院,presentname:Shenyang Polytechnic University沈阳理工大学)was moved in.
- In 1963:The Institute was put under the National Defense Science, Technology and Industry Committee and became one of the eight colleges of Defense industryNotes.
- In 1971:Had been put under The 5th Department of Machinery Industry.Then the college was closed down in July,the same year.
- In 1993:Renamed to North China Institute of Technology.
- In 2004:Renamed to North University of China
The eight colleges of Defense industry
- Harbin Institute of Technology 哈尔滨工业大学
- Beijing Industrial College 北京工业学院,present name:Beijing Institute of Technology 北京理工大学(renamed in 1988);
- Beijing Aviation Institute 北京航空学院,former name:Beijing University of Aeronautics and Astronautics 北京航空航天大学(renamed in 1988), present name: Beihang University (renamed in English in 2002);
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University 上海交通大学;
- Northwestern Polytechnical University 西北工业大学；
- Chengdu Institute of Telecommunications Engineering 成都电讯工程学院,present name:Electronics University of Science and Technology of China 电子科技大学(renamed in 1988);
- Nanjing Industrial College 南京航空学院,present name:Nanjing Aeronautics and Astronautics University南京航空航天大学(renamed in 1993);
- Taiyuan Institute of Machinery 太原机械学院,present name:North University of China中北大学(renamed in 2004);
- Liu Ding (刘鼎)（May 1941 to Sep. 1943）
- Liu Baoyin (牛宝印)（Feb. 1946 to July 1946）
- Di Yaozong (邸耀宗)（August 1949 to Oct. 1952）
- Li Ruikang (厉瑞康)（Oct. 1952 to March 1981）
- He Yuanhai (何源海)（March 1981 to Dec. 1984）
- Zu Jing (祖静)（Dec. 1984 to April 1995）
- Yu Shiqian (俞士谦)（April 1995 to Oct. 2000）
- Zhang Wendong (张文栋)（Oct. 2000 to Dec. 2009）
- Jia Suotang (贾锁堂)（Jan. 2010 to August 2010）
- Liu Youzhi (刘有智)（August 2012 up to now）
Schools and Departments
1. School of Mechatronic Engineering
- Department of Mechatronic Control Engineering
- Department of Vehicle and Motive Force Engineering
- Department of Power Mechanical Engineering
2. School of Mechanical Engineering and Automation
- Department of Mechanical Engineering
- Department of Industrial Engineering
- Department of Process Control
- Department of Mechanical Automation
3. School of Material Science and Engineering
- Department of Material Science
- Department of Material Manufacture Engineering
4. School of Chemical Engineering and Environment
- Department of Chemical Engineering
- Department of Safety Engineering
- Department of Environmental Engineering
5. School of Information and Communication Engineering
- Department of Electronic Engineering
- Department of Information Engineering
- Department of Communication Engineering
- Department of Electric Engineering
6. School of Electronic and Computer Science and Technology
- Department of Electronic Science and Technology
- Department of Computer Science and Technology
- Department of Network Engineering
7. School of Science
- Department of Mathematics
- Department of Physics
- Department of Chemistry
- Department of Mechanics
8. School of Humanities and Social Sciences
- Department of Law
- Department of Foreign Languages
- Department of Journalism and Communication
- Department of Political and Administrative Science
9. School of Economics and Management
- Department of Economics
- Department of Management
10. School of Sports and Art
- Department of Sports
- Department of Art
- Department of Music
13. Software School
- Department of Software Engineering
- Department of Network Engineering
- Department of Information Technology
12. Graduate School
13. College of Continuing Education
- College of Information & Business
North University of China was authorized by the State Council to confer M.S. degree in 1981 and Ph.D. in 1998. At present, the University has the right to confer M.S. degrees in 20 disciplines, and Ph.D.s in 4 disciplines. The University has 8 provincial and ministerial key disciplines, including Mechanical Manufacturing and Its Automation, Mechatronic Engineering, Test & Measurement Technology and Instrumentation, Materials Processing Engineering, Applied Chemistry, Special Mechanical System and Its Application Engineering, Energy Materials Engineering, and Precision Instrument and Mechanism. Over the years, with conditions for teaching and scientific research greatly improved, these disciplines have been playing the leading role, driving and promoting the development of other aspects. Test & Measurement Technology and Instrumentations
In the evaluation by China University Alumni Association, 21st Century Talents, and University Weekly, NUC ranks 1st in this discipline in China universities 2006. There are national and provincial key laboratories in this discipline.
A research team composed of 10 doctorate supervisors, 18 professors, 19 associate professors or senior engineers engages itself in the discipline. Most members enjoy the Special Allowance by the State Council. Over the years great academic results, including 20 national and ministerial or provincial awards, have been achieved. At present over 40 national, ministerial and provincial research projects are under way. Major research interests include: A. dynamic testing technology and intelligent instruments; B. Photoelectric Probing Theory and Technology; C. Special-type Sensing Theory and Technology; D. Modern Instrumentation and Testing Theory and Technology.
Precision Instrumentations and Machinery Precision Instrumentations and Machinery is one of Shanxi provincial key disciplines. A research team composed of 8 doctorate supervisors, 12 professors, 10 associate professors or senior engineers engages itself in the discipline. In recent years, 11 awards for scientific and technological achievements at national, ministerial or provincial level have been granted to the discipline. Research institutes and laboratories in the discipline include: Micrometer and Nanometer Technology Research Center, Research Institute of Optoelectronic Information Technology, and Laboratory of Mechatronic Technology. Major research interests include: A. Design and Manufacturing Technology of Precision Instrumentations and Machinery; B. Optoelectronic Instruments and Equipment; C. Internal Structure Detecting Techniques for Industrial Purposes; D. Detecting and Control Technology; E. Inertia Space Sensing; F. Test and Control Technology; G. Advanced Micro-Nano Parts and System Technology; H. Photoelectric Technology; I. Non-destructive Test Technology.
Artillery, Automatic Gun and Ammunition Engineering Artillery, Automatic Gun and Ammunition Engineering is one of Shanxi provincial key disciplines. A research team composed of 15 doctorate supervisors, 2 members of China Academy of Engineering, 23 professors, and 23 associate professors, or senior engineers. In recent years, dozens of national, ministerial or provincial research projects have been accomplished and 53 projects are under way. Major research interests include: A. Weapon Structures Design and Dynamic Research; B. Weapons Testing Technology; C. Warhead Structures and Control Technology; D. Warhead Terminal Effect and Anti-Penetrating Technology.
Weapon System and Application Engineering Weapon System and Application Engineering is one of Shanxi provincial key disciplines. A research team composed of 6 doctorate supervisors, 18 professors and 27 associate professors, many of them being noted experts in ordnance and aerospace organizations, engages itself in the discipline. In recent years, over 30 awards for scientific and technological achievements at national, ministerial or provincial level have been granted to the discipline. Major research interests include: A. Weapon Safety Engineering; B. Design of Weapon Systems and Their Key Subsystems; C. Weapon System Confrontation Technology; D. Precision Guidance and Control of Conventional Warheads. Applied Chemistry Applied Chemistry is a key discipline at ministerial level. A research team composed of 5 doctorate supervisors, 12 professors and 10 associate professors engages itself in the discipline. Major research interests include: A. Special Energy Chemistry and Application; B. Synthetic Fine Chemical Products and Their Application; C. Functional Polymer Materials; D. Multiphase Fluid Mass in High-gravity Field; E. Ultra-fine Powder Materials and Their Chemical Reaction; F. Ultra-fine Powder Materials and Their Chemical Reaction.
Materials Processing Engineering The discipline of Material Processing Engineering is an applied discipline which mainly deals with external shape and inner construction of materials as well as processing materials into needed parts and products. A research team composed of 9 professors and 15 associate professors engages itself in the discipline. In recent years, 43 national, ministerial or provincial research projects have been accomplished and high-level awards have been granted to the discipline. Major research interests include: A. Precise Control Plastic Forming Technology; B. Liquid Molding and Process Control Technology; C. Powder Materials, Laser Rapid Prototype Technology and Laser Agglomeration Rapid Prototype Technology; D. Design of Welding Materials and Testing Technology. Many a research fruit, molding CAD, simulation of molding process, and simulation of the temperature field of solidifying mold, for example, has been commercialized.
Mechanical Manufacturing and Its Automation Mechanical Manufacturing and Its Automation is a key discipline at ministerial level. A research team composed of 15 professors, 8 associate professors engages itself in the discipline. Major research interests include: A. CAD/CAM and Enterprise Informatization; B. Manufacture Automation Technology and System; C. Test, Measurement and Diagnosis of Mechanical Manufacture; D. CIMS; E. New Manufacture Technology and Equipment.
Signals and Information Processing Signals and Information Processing focuses on the techniques of information processing, identifying and reconstructing, the theory and technology of information processing, technology of information processing and reconstructing, technology of information real-time processing and identifying, technology of information mixing, the photoelectric technology, technology of information safety and information confrontation, and image processing technology. A research team composed of 1 member of China Academy of Engineering, 4 doctoral adviser, 16 professors engages itself in this discipline. Major research interests include: A. Theory and Technology of Information Processing; B. Multi-dimension Information Processing; C. Testing and Processing of Biomedical Information; D. Information Testing and Automation and Information Countermeasures.
- Instrumentation Science and Dynamic Measurement Laboratory
Engineering Research Center
- Engineering and Research Center for Booster Explosive Research, Development and Performance Testing
- Integrated Precision Plastic Forming Engineering and Technology Research Center
- Chemical Engineering Research Center
- Micro/Nano Technology Research Center
- Plastic Research Center
Results of Research
The black boxes of Shenzhou series manned spaceships are developed by NUC.
- Journal of NUC (Natural Science)
- Journal of NUC (Social Science)
- Journal of Test and Measurement Technology
- Journal of Measurement Science and Instrumentation (English)