North Warren Regional High School
|North Warren Regional School District|
|Superintendent:||Dr. Brian Fogelson|
|Business Administrator:||Christina Sharkey|
|Address:||10 Noe Road
Blairstown, NJ 07825
|Enrollment:||998 (as of 2011-12)|
|Faculty (in FTEs):||87.9|
|District Factor Group:||FG|
| %± vs.
|10||Operations & Maintenance||1,165||1||1,798||-35.2%|
|16||Median Teacher Salary||57,685||3||65,769|
|Data from NJDoE 2014 Taxpayers' Guide to Education Spending.
*Of 7-12 districts with any number of students. Lowest spending=1; Highest=47
|North Warren Regional High School|
"Students of Today, Leaders of Tomorrow"
|Type||Public high school|
|Vice principal||Lou Sylvester|
|Color(s)||Red, White and Blue|
|Athletics conference||Skyland Conference|
North Warren Regional High School is a public high school and regional school district, located in Blairstown, Warren County, New Jersey, United States, that serves students in seventh grade through twelfth grade from the four constituent townships of Blairstown, Frelinghuysen, Hardwick and Knowlton. The school opened in September 1970, replacing the former Blairstown High School. The school has been accredited by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Secondary Schools since 1984.
As of the 2011-12 school year, the school had an enrollment of 998 students and 87.9 classroom teachers (on an FTE basis), for a student–teacher ratio of 11.35:1. There were 63 students (6.3% of enrollment) eligible for free lunch and 19 (1.9% of students) eligible for reduced-cost lunch.
The district is classified by the New Jersey Department of Education as being in District Factor Group "FG", the fourth-highest of eight groupings. District Factor Groups organize districts statewide to allow comparison by common socioeconomic characteristics of the local districts. From lowest socioeconomic status to highest, the categories are A, B, CD, DE, FG, GH, I and J.
Awards, recognition and rankings
The school was the 87th-ranked public high school in New Jersey out of 339 schools statewide in New Jersey Monthly magazine's September 2014 cover story on the state's "Top Public High Schools", using a new ranking methodology. The school had been ranked 115th in the state of 328 schools in 2012, after being ranked 138th in 2010 out of 322 schools listed. The magazine ranked the school 194th in 2008 out of 316 schools. The school was ranked 167th in the magazine's September 2006 issue, which surveyed 316 schools across the state. Schooldigger.com ranked the school 156th out of 381 public high schools statewide in its 2011 rankings (an increase of 47 positions from the 2010 ranking) which were based on the combined percentage of students classified as proficient or above proficient on the mathematics (80.8%) and language arts literacy (95.5%) components of the High School Proficiency Assessment (HSPA).
North Jersey Regional High School competes in the Northwest Jersey Athletic Conference, following a reorganization of sports leagues in Northern New Jersey by the New Jersey State Interscholastic Athletic Association (NJSIAA). With 481 students in grades 10-12, the school was classified by the NJSIAA for the 2014-15 school year as North I, Group II for most athletic competition purposes, which included schools with an enrollment of 481 to 749 students in that grade range.
The Marching Patriots
North Warren is especially known for their award winning marching band. The North Warren Marching band won the United States Scholastic Band Association (USSBA) Group 2A Championships in the Fall 2000 Season with their show, "The Art of War". During the 2005 season the band earned 3rd in the state championships along with the state color guard title. In 2007 the Marching Band became State Champions in group III A.
In their 2007 competition season, the Marching Band earned 1st place in New Jersey for group 3A. In their 2008 competition season, the Marching Band earned 3rd place at the USSBA Group 3A championships held at Hershey, Pennsylvania on November 2, 2008. In their 2009 competition season, the Marching band earned 1st place in New Jersey for group 3A, winning the caption awards for Best Music and Best Visual Effect, as well as taking best in show. In their 2010 competition season, the Marching band earned 1st place in New Jersey for group 3A, again.
In 2013, the band accomplished an undefeated season, finishing 7-0 and earned 1st place in New Jersey group 3A State Championship held at Rutgers University. The band also earned the title of 2013 Division 3A National Champions at Metlife Stadium, receiving an all time high record score of 96.425.
- Dr. Brian Fogelson, Superintendent
- Christina Sharkey, Business Administrator / Board Secretary
- Louis Melchor, Principal
- Lou Sylvester, Vice-Principal
- Data for N Warren Regional High School, National Center for Education Statistics. Accessed November 23, 2014.
- Taxpayers' Guide to Education Spending April 2013, New Jersey Department of Education. Accessed April 15, 2013.
- North Warren Regional High School 2013 Report Card Narrative, New Jersey Department of Education. Accessed November 22, 2014 ."The North Warren Regional School District is home to just under 1000 students from the communities of Blairstown, Frelinghuysen, Hardwick, and Knowlton. The district stretches almost 97 square miles from the Sussex County border to the Delaware River and the Delaware Water Gap National Recreation Area".
- Home Page, North Warren Regional School District. Accessed November 22, 2014. "North Warren Regional is a public secondary school district, serving students in grades 7-12 in the townships of Blairstown, Frelinghuysen, Hardwick, and Knowlton."
- Municipal Guide to Public School Districts 2013, Warren County, New Jersey. Accessed November 22, 2014.
- North Warren Regional High School, Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Secondary Schools. Accessed February 4, 2012.
- NJ Department of Education District Factor Groups (DFG) for School Districts, New Jersey Department of Education. Accessed November 22, 2014.
- Staff. "Top Schools Alphabetical List 2014", New Jersey Monthly, September 2, 2014. Accessed September 5, 2014.
- Staff. "The Top New Jersey High Schools: Alphabetical", New Jersey Monthly, August 16, 2012. Accessed September 9, 2012.
- Staff. "2010 Top High Schools", New Jersey Monthly, August 16, 2010. Accessed March 16, 2011.
- "Top New Jersey High Schools 2008: By Rank", New Jersey Monthly, September 2008, posted August 7, 2008. Accessed August 19, 2008.
- New Jersey High School Rankings: 11th Grade HSPA Language Arts Literacy & HSPA Math 2010-2011, Schooldigger.com. Accessed March 5, 2012.
- League Memberships – 2014-2015, New Jersey State Interscholastic Athletic Association. Accessed November 23, 2014.
- 2014-2015 Public Schools Group Classification: ShopRite Cup–Basketball–Baseball–Softball for North I, New Jersey State Interscholastic Athletic Association, as of July 8, 2014. Accessed November 23, 2014.
- RECAP USSBA - NEW JERSEY STATE CHAMPIONSHIP 1A AT PARLIN, NJ, USSBA, October 25, 2009. Accessed February 4, 2012.
- RECAP USSBA - NEW JERSEY STATE CHAMPIONSHIPS 1A, 3A, 6A PART 2 AT UNION, NJ, USSBA, October 24, 2010. Accessed February 4, 2012.
- Administration, North Warren Regional School District. Accessed November 22, 2014.
- New Jersey School Directory for Warren County, New Jersey Department of Education. Accessed November 22, 2014.
- North Warren Regional High School
- North Warren Regional High School's 2012–13 School Report Card from the New Jersey Department of Education
- Data for the North Warren Regional High School, National Center for Education Statistics
- North Warren Regional High School Marching Band