North Wembley station
Location of North Wembley in Greater London
|Local authority||London Borough of Brent|
|Managed by||London Underground|
|Number of platforms||2|
|London Underground annual entry and exit|
|National Rail annual entry and exit|
|Lists of stations|
| London Transport portal
UK Railways portalCoordinates:
North Wembley station is a Network Rail station served by London Overground (Watford DC Line) and London Underground (Bakerloo line) services. It is between South Kenton to the north, and Wembley Central to the south. It is located on the south side of East Lane in North Wembley, part of the London Borough of Brent.
The station was first opened by the London and North Western Railway on 15 June 1912 as part of the "New Line" between Euston and Watford Junction; LER, Bakerloo line services began on 16 April 1917. Originally to be called East Lane, after the road passing over the railway at this location, it was named North Wembley from opening. It was built to the same general design as the other new stations on the same line and the layout at North Wembley station makes it almost identical to Kenton two stops to the north. Ticket gates and departure boards were recently installed at this station.
Platform 1 for southbound services.
- Services to London Euston operated by London Overground - 20 minute frequency daytime Monday to Saturday. 30 minutes at other times.
- Services to Elephant & Castle operated by London Underground - every 5–10 minutes.
Platform 2 for northbound services.
- Services to Watford Junction operated by London Overground - 20 minute frequency daytime Monday to Saturday. 30 minutes at other times.
- Services to Harrow and Wealdstone operated by London Underground - every 5–10 minutes.
- "Customer metrics: entries and exits: 2008". London Underground performance update. Transport for London. Retrieved 26 December 2012.
- "Customer metrics: entries and exits: 2009". London Underground performance update. Transport for London. Retrieved 26 December 2012.
- "Customer metrics: entries and exits: 2010". London Underground performance update. Transport for London. Retrieved 26 December 2012.
- "Multi-year station entry-and-exit figures" (XLS). London Underground station passenger usage data. Transport for London. 2013. Retrieved 15 April 2014.
- "Station usage estimates". Rail statistics. Office of Rail Regulation. Please note: Some methodology may vary year on year.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to North Wembley station.|
|Preceding station||London Underground||Following station|
towards Harrow & Wealdstone
towards Elephant & Castle
towards Watford Junction
|Watford DC Line||
|This article about the London Underground is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|