North West Kent College
North West Kent College is a college of Further and Higher Education. It merged with the National Sea Training School (NSTC) in the nineties. The college is located over four sites. The two main campuses are:
- Oakfield Lane, Dartford (map of campus) is the location of the largest campus and houses the main administration and the greatest number of students including most of the college's Higher Education work. It specialises in Access to Higher Education, Accounting, Art and Design, Business, GCE “A” Levels, Management and Retail Studies, Professional Care, Media, Multimedia, Performing Arts, Photography and Public Services.
- Dering Way (satellite photo), Gravesend (map of campus) is the second largest campus and specialises in Air Conditioning, Construction and Building Services, Electrical and Mechanical Engineering, Electronics, Hotel and Catering, Motor Vehicle, Refrigeration and Travel and Tourism.
The college has a few notable achievements; it is a leading trainer of staff for the merchant mariners and in 1999 the college was the first UK educational establishment to start a full-time Higher Education course in Professional writing.
Maritime Training Programmes
The college facilitates a variety of maritime related training programs. Some of them are:
- Bridge Team and Maritime First Aid
- Fire Fighting
- Marine Engineering
- and more
- North West Kent College official site
- National Maritime Training Centre official site
- The Learning Shop at Bluewater Shopping Centre, run by the College
- Occupational Health and Safety Training Centre official site
- Hall Training Centre
- SusCon Sustainable Construction Training official site