Northeast Adventist College
|Northeast Adventist College|
|Motto||Education for Eternity|
|Location||Jowai, Meghalaya, India|
|Part of a series on|
Seventh-day Adventist portal
Northeast Adventist College is a Seventh-day Adventist institution of higher learning near Jowai, India. It is considered the church's flagship provider of higher education in Northeast India. The college has affiliations with NEHU, India.It is a part of the Seventh-day Adventist education system, the world's second largest Christian school system. 
Northeast Adventist college was established by Pr. O.W Lange in 1941 at the present location. It was then called the Assam Training School. It was inaugurated in 1942 by Sir Robert Reid, the Governor of Assam. When Meghalaya attained statehood in 1972, the name was changed to Adventist Training School (ATS). It served the people of East India and Northeast for many years as a Secondary School until it got upgraded to a Higher Secondary School in 1997, recognized by the Meghalaya Board of School Education (MBOSE). In 1999 this institution was affiliated to the North Eastern Hill University (NEHU).
The college offers education in the Arts stream in the College Section and Arts and Science Streams in the Higher Secondary section.
- Department of English
- Department of Economics
- Department of History
- Department of Indian Language
- Department of Sociology
- Department of Political Science
- Department of Education
- List of Seventh-day Adventist colleges and universities
- Seventh-day Adventist education
- Seventh-day Adventist Church
- Seventh-day Adventist theology
- History of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
- Adventist Colleges and Universities
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Northeast Adventist College.|
- "NORTHEAST ADVENTIST COLLEGE (C, AAA)". Seventh-day Adventist Online Yearbook. Retrieved 21 August 2012.
- "List of Colleges Affiliated to NEHU". NEHU. Retrieved 21 August 2012.
- http://www.csmonitor.com/Commentary/Opinion/2010/1115/For-real-education-reform-take-a-cue-from-the-Adventists"the second largest Christian school system in the world has been steadily outperforming the national average – across all demographics."
- "Department of Education, Seventh-day Adventist Church". Retrieved 2010-06-18.
- Rogers, Wendi; Kellner, Mark A. (April 1, 2003). "World Church: A Closer Look at Higher Education". Adventist News Network. Retrieved 2010-06-19.
- Christo, Gerald J. "Thirteenth Sabbath Overflow Project Is Inaugurated" (PDF). Southern Asia Tidings. Retrieved 21 August 2012.
- "Departments". Northeast College. Retrieved 21 August 2012.