Northern Administrative Okrug
Northern Administrative Okrug, or Severny Administrative Okrug (Russian: Се́верный администрати́вный о́круг, Severny administrativny okrug), is one of the twelve administrative okrugs of Moscow, Russia. It was founded in 1991 and has an area of 109.9 square kilometers (42.4 sq mi). Population: 1,100,974 (2010 Census); 1,112,846 (2002 Census).
The okrug encompasses sixteen districts:
- Vostochnoye Degunino
- Zapadnoye Degunino
Former Territorial unit with special status (Russian: ТЕОС):
Coat of arms
The narrow silver belt symbolizes the Moscow Canal, passing through the territory of the okrug. The two golden wings symbolize the united air traffic of the city and the Sheremetyevo International Airport. The silver eight-pointed star represents Polaris and points to the northern location of the okrug in the city of Moscow. The gold and silver sails of the ship symbolize the river transport and is located within the county of the North cargo river port. The silver horses represent the okrug racetrack. The silver Corinthian style columns represent the porticos of the Central Moscow Hippodrome.
The okrug has over 1,000 medium-sized and large businesses and almost 18,000 small businesses. The okrug houses construction material, engineering, food production, light industry, jewellry design, and printing operations.
The okrug also houses the offices of many of Russia's aviation companies. The aviation companies Irkut, Ilyushin, and Yakovlev have their head offices in the Aeroport District in the okrug. The aviation companies Mikoyan (MiG) and Sukhoi have their head offices in the Begovoy District in the okrug. The okrug also houses the Dementyev Moscow Aviation Plant and the Rumyantsev Moscow Aviation Plant. Nordwind Airlines has its head office within Sheremetyevo Airport in the Molzhaninovsky District in the okrug.
|This section requires expansion. (May 2012)|
- "Всероссийская перепись населения 2010 года. Том 1" [2010 All-Russian Population Census, vol. 1]. Всероссийская перепись населения 2010 года (2010 All-Russia Population Census) (in Russian). Federal State Statistics Service. 2011. Retrieved June 29, 2012.
- "Численность населения России, субъектов Российской Федерации в составе федеральных округов, районов, городских поселений, сельских населённых пунктов – районных центров и сельских населённых пунктов с населением 3 тысячи и более человек" [Population of Russia, its federal districts, federal subjects, districts, urban localities, rural localities—administrative centers, and rural localities with population of over 3,000]. Всероссийская перепись населения 2002 года (All-Russia Population Census of 2002) (in Russian). Federal State Statistics Service. May 21, 2004. Retrieved February 9, 2012.
- "Northern Administrative Okrug." Moscow International Portal, Department of Foreign Economic and International Relations of the Сity of Moscow. Retrieved on 31 August, 2011.
- "Contact Information." Irkut Corporation. Retrieved on 30 August 2011. "Corporate Centre address: bldg. 1, 68, Leningradsky prospect, Moscow, 125315, Russia" - Address in Russian: "Корпоративный Центр адрес: Россия, 125315, г. Москва, Ленинградский проспект, дом 68, стр. 1"
- "Official Address of the JSC «IL»." Ilyushin. Retrieved on 8 December 2010. "45 "G" Leningradsky Avenue, Moscow, 125190, Russian Federation." Address in Russian: "125190 Российская Федерация, город Москва, Ленинградский проспект, дом 45 "Г"."
- Home page. Yakovlev. Retrieved on 30 August 2011. "125315 Russia, Moscow, Leningradskiy prospect, 68" Address in Russian: "125315 Россия, Москва, Ленинградский проспект, 68"
- "Contacts." Mikoyan. Retrieved on 30 August 2011. "Russian Aircraft Corporation "MiG" 125284, Russian Federation, Moscow, 1-st Botkinsky drive, 7" - Address in Russian: "125284, Российская Федерация, Москва, 1-й Боткинский проезд, д.7"
- "Contacts : Sukhoi Company (JSC)." Sukhoi. Retrieved on 17 December 2010. "23B, Polikarpov str., Moscow, 125284, Russia, p/b 604." (Direct link to map) - Address in Russian: "125284, Россия, Москва, ул. Поликарпова д. 23Б, а/я 604" (Direct link to Russian map)
- "About Us." Nordwind Airlines. Retrieved on 26 October 2010. "[...]with its head office based in Sheremetyevo, Moscow."
- "Вакансии." Nordwind Airlines. Retrieved on 26 October 2010. "Условия: Базирование в Москве - Шереметьево Терминал С."
- Home page. (Archive) New Humanitarian School. Retrieved on May 21, 2012. "Krasnoarmejskaya st., 30”Б” 125319, Moscow, Russia"
- Official website of Northern Administrative Okrug (Russian)
- Moscow International Portal. Northern Administrative Okrug