Northern Cagayan International Airport
|Northern Cagayan International Airport|
|IATA: none – ICAO: none|
|Operator||Civil Aviation Authority of the Philippines|
|Location||Barangay San Mariano and Dagupan, Lal-lo, Cagayan|
Northern Cagayan International Airport or known as Lal-lo International Airport is an airport located between barangays San Mariano and Dagupan of Lal-lo, Cagayan. It is currently under construction and 98% complete as of August 14, 2014. The airport is expected to be launched in the last quarter of 2014 and to operational by 2015. Cagayan Land Property Development Corp. was awarded the contract to build the airport at a cost of PHP 1.66 billion. The NCIA airport has been built to support the Cagayan Special Economic Zone in northern Cagayan in tandem with Port Irene that will handle seaborne traffic.
In September 2009, Cagayan Economic Zone Authority and private consortium Cagayan Land Property Development Corp. (CLPDC) signed the 50-year joint venture agreement to build the international airport. The joint venture has CLPDC contributing 58.3% in equity or P966 million while CESA's share is 41.7% or P691 million.
On February 19, 2013, Senator Juan Ponce Enrile landed on the airport to pay a visit on the construction and to test the 2,100 metres (6,900 ft) runway. The airport is also eyed to be an aviation park and hangar hub where business and private jets can park at a modern and state-of-the-art facility.
After the construction, The international airport will be the international gateway in Northeast Luzon. Initially, it could serve Domestic flights to other airports in the country and International flights to Japan, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Singapore and China.
The airport’s major facilities are the control tower, passengers’ lounge. It also has a 2,100 metres (6,900 ft) by 45 meter runway, following the standards of the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) that could accommodate large aircraft such as the Airbus A320.
- "CEZA reports 98 percent civil works completion on airport". Philippine Information Agency. 14 August 2014. Retrieved 2014-08-19.
- "Cagayan airport starts operations by 2015". The Manila Times. March 5, 2014. Retrieved 2014-07-29.
- "P1.66-B Contract to Build Int'l Airport in Cagayan Awarded". HighBeam Research. September 9, 2009. Retrieved 2014-07-29.
- "Enrile flies to Cagayan; Biazon to check used-car import trade.". Philippine Daily Inquirer. February 13, 2013. Retrieved 2014-07-29.
- "Cagayan Intl Airport touted as aviation park, hangar hub in Asia". BusinessMirror. March 9, 2013. Retrieved 2014-07-29.
- "New Cagayan airport open to 5 countries initially". The Philippine Star. June 25, 2014. Retrieved 2014-07-29.