Northern India Engineering College (Delhi)
|This article does not cite any references or sources. (February 2011)|
|Northern India Engineering College, New Delhi|
|Location||New Delhi, Delhi, India|
|Campus||09 acres (36,000 m2) Urban|
"Northern India Engineering College" (NIEC), New Delhi was established by BBDES, LUCKNOW in the year 2003. NIEC has an aesthetically designed campus spread over approximately 9 acres of lush green environment at Shastri Park. The Campus comprises of five interconnected blocks covering a built up area of approx. 3.0 Lac square feet. NIEC offers Under Graduate and Post Graduate level full time Professional programs approved by AICTE in affiliation with Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University (GGSIPU), Delhi.
NIEC campus is spread in about 9 acres (36,000 m2) of lush green environment, located at Facility Centre, Shastri Park, the home to Delhi Metro railway, near ISBT Kashmiri Gate covering an area of approx.
The campus has five blocks including educational blocks,admin block, library. Block 1 is dedicated for the first year students. The college also has an auditorium, an amphitheater, a football ground, a volleyball court, basketball court, and a canteen.
NIEC is well connected to other parts of the city. If you are coming via metro, you can get down at Kashmere Gate Metro Station & from there you can take autos (near Gate#3 and Gate#4) to the campus at nominal rate.
Northern India Engineering College runs programmes at both graduate as well as post-graduate levels. The college runs programmes for professional degrees, which are:
- Bachelor of Technology (BTech)
The student life of NIECians is enriched by the guilds formed by students and departments of NIEC. Some of the societies present on the college campus are:
- Club SixtyNine - You guessed it 69
- NIEC Sports Society : Football,Cricket,Volleyball,Badminton,Chess,TT;
- AWAAZ : Student Society of NIEC
- CSI-NIEC : Computer Society of India Student Branch NIEC
- FREAK STREETS : street dance society of NIEC
- Dance Dazzlers : Dance Group of NIEC
- SAE-NIEC Society (Department of Electronics & Communication and Department of Mechanical Engineering).
- IDEA (Department of Information Technology)
- IEEE-NIEC : also known as BOSON (Department of Electronics and Communication)
- IRIS (Techno-Cultural, Department of Computer Science)
- LOGIX (Department of Computer Science)
- OSUM-NIEC (Department of Computer Science)
- ROBOGYAN : Official Robotics Society of NIEC
- YAKSHAGANA : Dramatics Society
- IES: Imperial Eminent Society, Fashion society of NIEC
The students, along with Department of ECE, have also launched a tech magazine - BiT (Bring in Technology!).
Innoviz(earlier Fnord) is NIEC Delhi's annual technical-cum-cultural festival since 2005. SAE NIEC Society conducted first ever workshop on Automotive Engineering in association with ParaMek Technologies, New Delhi and got overwhelming response from students.
NIEC, Delhi is an institutional member of IEEE, IIM-Lucknow CSI and Confederation of Indian Industries (CII) and has cultivated associations with ASSOCHAM (UP), AIMA/ LMA, CDRI and international universities.
This college is also affiliated to India's number one college- Tata Institute of Technology and Sciences (TITS).