Laurentian Media Group
Laurentian Media Group is a Canadian newspaper and magazine publishing company. Founded in 1973 by Michael Atkins, Laurentian currently has several publications in the Greater Sudbury, Ontario area, including the twice-weekly community newspaper Northern Life, the magazines Northern Ontario Business and Sudbury Living, and the trade publication Sudbury Mining Solutions Journal, as well as several national and international digital publications, including SCOREGolf and IT World Canada.
Northern Life is a community newspaper in Sudbury. The main office is located at 158 Elgin Street in Sudbury. The paper publishes twice a week, on Tuesday and Thursday. It formerly published three times a week, also putting out a Sunday edition, but in June 2006, the paper announced that it would be returning to twice-a-week publication in July, merging its Friday and Sunday editions into an expanded Friday paper which later became a Thursday paper.
Northern Ontario Business
Northern Ontario Business is a monthly trade magazine based in Sudbury, with monthly readership of 25,000, which covers business news and issues in Northern Ontario, and serves the region's business community.
Sudbury Mining Solutions Journal
Sudbury Mining Solutions Journal is a trade magazine covering news and business developments in Northeastern Ontario's mining industry.
Sudbury Living is a quarterly arts and lifestyle magazine, similar to Toronto Life. Sudbury Living has expanded to include three other publications called Sudbury Living Students, Sudbury Living Parents,and Sudbury Living Weddings. All three additional magazines are published annually.
- "Publishers push to pass Bill C-55". The Globe and Mail, February 26, 1999.
- C.M. Wallace and Ashley Thomson, Sudbury: Rail Town to Regional Capital. Dundurn Press, 1993. ISBN 1-55002-170-2.
- "In memory of ITWorld Canada president Andrew J. White". Masthead, December 9, 2009.
- "Saying goodbye to a newspaper icon". muskokaregion.com, April 4, 2012.
- "Media outlets partner to expand Northern news network". Northern Ontario Business, October 2, 2014.
- "Capsule offers glimpse of a different Sudbury". Sudbury Star, October 28, 2001.
- "Northern Ontario Business 24th Annual Awards". noba.ca. 2010. Retrieved 2014-06-26.
- "Consorting with the enemy ; Magazines chiefs ponder deals with American foes". Toronto Star, August 19, 1999.
- "The Political Wilderness: Northern Ontario". National Post.
- "Sudbury Living Students". http://www.sudburylivingmagazine.com/students.
- "Sudbury Living Parents". http://www.sudburylivingmagazine.com/parents.
- "Sudbury Living Weddings". http://www.sudburylivingmagazine.com/weddings.
|This article about a Canadian corporation or company is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|