Northern Lights (Cannabis)
- Northern Lights #5 - Jack Herer is a cross between Skunk #1, Haze, and Northern Lights #5.
- Northern Lights #7
- Northern Lights #12 Skunk
The strain was created by The Cultivators choice seed collective.
Northern Lights is renowned for its ability to be grown very easily. The strain's reputation also comes from the fact that it has won competitions such as the Cannabis Cup. The #5 strain was first entered into competition in 1989 when several seeds were mailed from the U.S.A. to Amsterdam. The strain quickly dominated the Cannabis Cup, winning in 1989, 1998, and again in 2009. It is a cross of Cannabis indica and Cannabis sativa.
Northern Lights has received much attention in the scientific community, as it is often the subject of experiments testing the viability of medicinal marijuana. The hybridization of Cannabis is also notable in the botany community as Northern Lights in particular has been studied for its female and male genetic characteristics. Users have reported feelings of euphoria and relaxation when under the influence of Northern Lights.
- Marijuana Horticulture: The Indoor/Outdoor Medical Grower's Bible
- Botanical Journal of the Linnean Society
- BioSource Hemp 2000
- Encyclopedia of Clinical Toxicology
- The Medicinal Uses of Cannabis and Cannabinoids
|This psychedelics, dissociatives and deliriants-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|