Northern Lights College
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2008)|
|Northern Lights College|
|Motto||B.C.'s Energy College|
|Type||post-secondary community college|
|Dean||Jeff Lekstrom (Trades and Apprenticeship); Steve Roe (Academic); Kristina Van De Walle (Continuing Education)|
|Students||approx. 1,500 (FTE); approx. 10,000 (head count)|
|Location||Regional Administration, Dawson Creek, British Columbia, Canada|
|Campus||urban, suburban, remote|
|Colours||Blue& Green ;|
Northern Lights College is an institution that provides post-secondary education to residents of Northern British Columbia. It currently has campuses and access centres in eight communities across the northern third of British Columbia. NLC has a working agreement with the University of Northern British Columbia. The college president is Laurie Rancourt.
List of campuses
List of Access Centres
Northern Lights College offers programs in the following areas:
- Trades and Apprenticeships
- University Arts and Sciences/ Academic
- Business Management/Applied Business Technology
- Career and College Preparation/ Upgrading
- Workforce Training/Continuing Education
- Oil & Gas Training
- Clean Energy Technologies
- Early Childhood Education and Care/ Education Assistant
- Teacher Training
- Practical Nursing/Health Care Assistant
- Visual Arts
Northern Lights College has Aboriginal Gathering Spaces located at the following campuses: Chetwynd, Dawson Creek, Fort Nelson and Fort St. John.
The Fort Nelson Gathering Space opened in 2009, while the remaining Gathering Spaces opened in 2011.
The opening of the Chetwynd Gathering Space was highlighted by the attendance of the Lieutenant Governor of British Columbia, Steven L. Point.
Scholarships and bursaries
The Government of Canada sponsors an Aboriginal Bursaries Search Tool that lists over 680 scholarships, bursaries, and other incentives offered by governments, universities, and industry to support Aboriginal post-secondary participation. Northern Lights College scholarships for Aboriginal, First Nations and Métis students include: Awards for Aboriginal Women 
- http://thecanadianencyclopedia.com/en/article/music-at-community-colleges-emc/ Music at Community Colleges in The Encyclopedia of Music in Canada
- "Lieutenant Governor opens Aboriginal Gathering Space at NLC’s Chetwynd Campus". Northern Lights College. Retrieved 2014-05-20.
- Aboriginal Bursaries Search Tool
All facts, unless otherwise stated, are from Northern Lights College's web site:
- List of institutes and colleges in British Columbia
- List of universities in British Columbia
- Higher education in British Columbia
- Education in Canada