Northfield Center Township, Summit County, Ohio
|Northfield Center Township, Summit County, Ohio|
Northfield Center Township's location within Summit County
|• Total||5.3 sq mi (13.8 km2)|
|• Land||5.3 sq mi (13.8 km2)|
|• Water||0.0 sq mi (0.0 km2)|
|Elevation||971 ft (296 m)|
|• Density||924.9/sq mi (357.1/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1087011|
Located in the northern part of the county, it borders the following townships and municipalities:
- Northfield - north
- Macedonia - northeast
- Hudson - southeast corner
- Boston Heights - south
- Boston Township - southwest
- Sagamore Hills Township - west
Several municipalities are located in what was originally part of Northfield Center Township:
- A small part of the village of Boston Heights, in the southeast
- The village of Northfield, in the north
- Much of the city of Macedonia, in the east
Name and history
It is the only Northfield Center Township statewide.
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- Summit County, Ohio — Population by Places Estimates Ohio State University, 2007. Accessed 15 May 2007.
- "Detailed map of Ohio" (PDF). United States Census Bureau. 2000. Retrieved 2007-02-16.
- §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 4/30/2009.