Location of Northlake in Denton County, Texas
|• Total||17.0 sq mi (44.0 km2)|
|• Land||16.9 sq mi (43.8 km2)|
|• Water||0.08 sq mi (0.2 km2)|
|Elevation||689 ft (210 m)|
|• Density||100/sq mi (39/km2)|
|Time zone||Central (CST) (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|GNIS feature ID||1388593|
Northlake is a town in Denton County, Texas, United States. The population was 1,724 at the 2010 census. The town is located northwest of Grapevine Lake, approximately 10 miles (16 km) north of Westlake, Texas.
Northlake is located at .(33.082495, -97.252975)
According to the United States Census Bureau, the town has a total area of 17.0 square miles (44.0 km2), of which 16.9 square miles (43.8 km2) is land and 0.077 square miles (0.2 km2), or 0.57%, is water.
As of the census of 2010, there were 1,550 people residing in the town. The population density was 60.5 people per square mile (23.4/km²). There were 366 housing units at an average density of 24.0 per square mile (9.3/km²). The racial makeup of the town was 89.90% White, 0.76% African American, 1.19% Native American, 0.11% Asian, 7.17% from other races, and 0.87% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 10.86% of the population.
There were 314 households out of which 46.2% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 59.2% were married couples living together, 12.7% had a female householder with no husband present, and 21.0% were non-families. 15.6% of all households were made up of individuals and 2.5% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.93 and the average family size was 3.23.
In the town the population was spread out with 32.9% under the age of 18, 8.3% from 18 to 24, 35.1% from 25 to 44, 19.5% from 45 to 64, and 4.2% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 30 years. For every 100 females there were 101.1 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 104.0 males.
The median income for a household in the town was $40,000, and the median income for a family was $40,313. Males had a median income of $31,250 versus $25,000 for females. The per capita income for the town was $18,517. About 8.5% of families and 8.9% of the population were below the poverty line, including 6.4% of those under age 18 and 42.0% of those age 65 or over.
Northlake is served by the Northwest Independent School District.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Profile of General Population and Housing Characteristics: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (DP-1): Northlake town, Texas". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved July 3, 2012.
- "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. Retrieved 2011-04-23.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): Northlake town, Texas". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved July 3, 2012.