Northland High School (Columbus, Ohio)
|Northland High School|
|1919 Northcliff Drive
Columbus, Ohio, (Franklin County), 43229
|Superintendent||J. Daniel Good|
|Color(s)||Green and Gold |
|Athletics conference||Columbus City League|
|Accreditation||North Central Association of Colleges and Schools |
Northland High School was established in 1965. NHS is a part of the Columbus City Schools system. It is located at 1919 Northcliff Drive, Columbus, Ohio, USA. The current principal is Tim Donahue. Northland is the home of the Vikings. The school colors are Green and Gold. This school has one of the best marching and symphonic bands in both the district and state. Both musician, songwriter and actor Dwight Yoakam and former NFL football player Doug Smith graduated from Northland on June 9, 1974. Film Director/Cinematographer Samuel Bayer also graduated from Northland in 1980, as did Art Director for NBC/Universal, Lori Reffett. John Lloyd Smith graduated in 1997 and went on to work for ESPN. John Bowie graduated in 2002 and was drafted to the NFL by the Oakland Raiders in the 2007 NFL Draft. Coincidentally, John Bowie and John Lloyd Smith are from the same neighborhood in Columbus. Jared Sullinger graduated in 2010 and was drafted to the NBA in the first round by the Boston Celtics in the 2012 NBA Draft. Trey Burke graduated in 2011 and was the ninth overall pick by the Minnesota Timberwolves but traded to the Utah Jazz in the 2013 NBA Draft.
Ohio High School Athletic Association State Championships
Ohio High School Athletic Association Semi-Finals
Clubs and activities
- Trey Burke, basketball player, Utah Jazz
- Jared Sullinger, basketball player, Boston Celtics
- Pat Tiberi, Republican Representative for Ohio's 12 Congressional District
- Georgeann Wells, was an All-American basketball player at West Virginia University (WVU) who became the first woman to register a dunk in an official NCAA intercollegiate basketball game.
- Dwight Yoakam, Grammy-winning country singer/songwriter; actor and filmmaker.
- Fly Union, musical group.
- OHSAA. "Ohio High School Athletic Association member directory". Retrieved 2010-02-17.
- NCA-CASI. "NCA-Council on Accreditation and School Improvement". Retrieved 2010-02-17.[dead link]
- OHSAA. "Ohio High School Athletic Association Web site". Retrieved 2006-12-31.
- "Executive Board Pre-File Application". OhioJCL.org - June 2007. Internet Archive: Wayback Machine. 2010. Archived from the original on June 17, 2007. Retrieved August 16, 2010.
- "OJCL Constitution". OhioJCL.org - July 2002. Internet Archive: Wayback Machine. 2010. Archived from the original on July 21, 2002. Retrieved August 16, 2010.
... by paying both OJCL annual chapter dues and any annual chapter membership dues required by NJCL.
- "Fly Union profile". The Columbus Dispatch. 2013. Retrieved September 21, 2013.