North Louisiana (French: Louisiane du Nord) (also known locally as "Sportsman's Paradise", a name sometime's attributed to the state as a whole) is a region in the U.S. state of Louisiana. The region has two metropolitan areas: Shreveport-Bossier City and Monroe-West Monroe.
The northwestern portion of Louisiana is culturally and economically attached to Northeast Texas and Southwest Arkansas. Combined they comprise the Ark-La-Tex area as the northeastern portion of Louisiana, Southeast Arkansas, and Northwest Mississippi are known as the Ark-La-Miss.
- Alexandria Metropolitan Statistical Area (Rapides and Grant parishes)
- Fort Polk South-DeRidder Combined Statistical Area
- Fort Polk South Micropolitan Statistical Area (Vernon Parish)
- DeRidder Micropolitan Statistical Area (Beauregard Parish)
- Natchez, Mississippi Micropolitan Statistical Area (Concordia Parish and Adams County, MS)
- Natchitoches Micropolitan Statistical Area (Natchitoches Parish)
- De Soto
- East Carroll
- Red River
- West Carroll
- "North Louisiana History". Michigan State University. 2003-03-15.
|This Louisiana state location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|