Northwestern College (Illinois)
Northwestern College (NC), formerly Northwestern Business College, is a private, for-profit institution of higher education offering associate in applied science degree programs and certificate programs. It has no affiliation with Northwestern University.
The Bridgeview campus, located at 7725 S. Harlem Avenue serves the southwest suburbs as well as those residing in the communities surrounding Midway Airport.
The Virtual Campus is a form of distance education which allows students to earn their degrees while taking classes online.
The College consists of four academic schools:
- the School of Commerce & Technology offers associate degrees and certificates
- the School of Legal Studies offers associate degrees and certificates
- the School of Health Sciences offers associate degrees and certificates
- the School of Nursing offers an associate degree
NC offers associate degrees in the following programs:
- Administrative Assisting
- Business Administration
- Criminal Justice
- Executive Accounting
- Health Information Technology
- Human Resources Management
- Information Management Systems
- Massage Therapy
- Medical Assisting
- Radiologic Technology
NC offers certificates in the following programs:
- Health Care Billing/Coding Specialist
- Massage Therapy
Services to students
Northwestern College has resources available to support students from enrollment to graduation and even beyond. Among them are:
- academic advising
- financial assistance
- financial planning
- peer and professional tutors
- counseling services
- services for students with disabilities
- clubs, organizations, and honors societies
- new student orientation
- lifetime employment assistance
- library/resource center
- college bookstore
- Northwestern College is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission and is a member of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.
- Northwestern College is approved by the Illinois Board of Higher Education (IBHE).
- The Health Information Technology Associate in Applied Science Degree is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Health Informatics and Information Management Education (CAHIIM).
- The Medical Assisting Associate in Applied Science Degree is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (www.caahep.org) upon the recommendation of the Medical Assisting Education Review Board (MAERB).
- The Radiologic Technology Associate in Applied Science Degree is accredited by the Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology(JRCERT).
- The Administrative Assisting, Business Administration, and Executive Accounting Associate in Applied Science Degree programs are accredited by the Association of Collegiate Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).
- The Paralegal degree and certificate programs are approved by the American Bar Association (ABA).
- Northwestern College is approved for veterans training under the G.I. Bill for Veterans Educational Assistance.
- Northwestern College is approved by the United States Department of Justice, Immigration and Naturalization Service as an institution of higher education for training international students.
- Associate Degree Programs, Northwestern College. Retrieved 2010-05-27.
- Certificate Programs, Northwestern College. Retrieved 2010-05-27.
- "Northwestern College". The Higher Learning Commission. Retrieved 7 February 2014.
- "Study in the States". U.S. Department of Homeland Security. Retrieved 7 February 2014.