|Headquarters||Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA|
|Key people||John Schlifske, CEO|
|Products||Insurance: Life & Health|
|Revenue||$23 billion USD (2010)|
Northwestern Mutual is a US financial services mutual organization based in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Its products include life insurance, long-term care insurance, disability insurance, annuities, mutual funds, and employee benefit services. Northwestern Mutual also provides consultation on asset and income protection, personal needs, investments, financial planning, estate planning, trusts, business needs, retirement, and employee benefits.
The company maintains unsurpassed ratings for insurance financial strength from all four major rating agencies (Standard & Poors lowered ratings for a number of insurance companies, including Northwestern Mutual, to AA+ in August 2011. This was in response to "the United States government [being removed for the first time ever] from its (S&P's) list of risk-free borrowers"): A.M. Best, Standard & Poor's, Moody's, and Fitch Ratings.
The company is the nation's largest direct provider of individual life insurance in the United States, with more than $2 trillion in force. It is also the industry leader in total individual life insurance dividends paid to policy owners.
On September 25, 2013, Northwestern Mutual unveiled its design of a new office tower that would replace their existing 16 story east tower. The building, dubbed "The Northwestern Mutual Tower and Commons", will stand 550 feet tall and have 32 stories, making it the second tallest building in Milwaukee and Wisconsin.
|This article relies on references to primary sources. (April 2011)|
- "Northwestern Mutual Fact Sheet for 2011". Northwestern Mutual. Retrieved 2012-01-11.
- "S&P Downgrades US Govt.". New York Times. Retrieved 2012-11-28.
- "A.M. Best's Consumer Insurance Center". A.M. Best. Retrieved 2009-06-04.
- "S&P Ratings - Insurance, Credit Ratings List". Standard and Poor's. Retrieved 2009-06-01.
- "Financial Strength Earns Highest Ratings". Northwestern Mutual. Retrieved 2009-06-30.
- "About Northwestern Mutual". Northwestern Mutual. Retrieved 2009-06-30.
- "Three Reasons to Choose Northwestern Mutual". Northwestern Mutual. Retrieved 2009-11-10.
- Sadovi, Maura. "Milwaukee Office Tower to Get Silicon Implant". Wall Street Journal. Retrieved September 26, 2013.