Norwell High School (Indiana)
|Norwell High School|
Excellence. Pride. Tradition.
|1100 E. US Highway 224
Ossian, Indiana, 46777
|Type||Public high school|
|Number of students||806|
|Color(s)||old gold and navy blue|
Norwell High School was opened in the fall of 1967 after a consolidation between Rockcreek, Union, Lancaster, and Ossian High Schools. Located in Wells County, Indiana, Norwell serves the entire Northern Wells Community Schools school district. The school district is located in the northern part of Wells County, running from IN 124 north. Norwell High School is centrally located in the school district at US 224 and county road 100 E. Norwell has a strong athletic background in participation in the Allen County Athletic Association (ACAC) and the Northeast Hoosier Conference (NHC). Norwell High School currently operates on a traditional 7 period system.
- Matt Kinzer, professional baseball player, MLB St. Louis Cardinals, professional football player, NFL Detroit Lions
- Jarrod Parker, professional baseball player, MLB Oakland Athletics
- Teri Rosinski, 1977 Indiana Miss Basketball
- David Rupel, American television producer and writer.
- Jeff Miller, professional football player, NFL Chicago Bears, Indiana State University Hall of Fame Quarterback, current Head Football Coach at Norwell
- Jessica Rupright, 2012 Indiana Miss Basketball
- Chandler Harnish, professional football player, NFL Indianapolis Colts, Mr. Irrelevant in the 2012 NFL Draft
Template:Http://www.nwcs.k12.in.us/norwellhighschool home.aspx (Norwell High School web-page)