Lt. Warren Eaton Airport
|Lt. Warren Eaton Airport
Lt. Warren E. Eaton Airport
|1995 orthophoto from USGS|
|IATA: OIC – ICAO: KOIC – FAA LID: OIC|
|Serves||Norwich, New York|
|Elevation AMSL||1,025 ft / 312 m|
|Source: Federal Aviation Administration|
Lt. Warren Eaton Airport (IATA: OIC, ICAO: KOIC, FAA LID: OIC), also known as Lt. Warren E. Eaton Airport is a county-owned public-use airport in Chenango County, New York, United States. It is located two nautical miles (4 km) north of the central business district of Norwich, New York. It was established on June 17, 1952.
This airport is included in the National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems for 2011–2015, which categorized it as a general aviation facility. The airport has no scheduled commercial operations, but PrivatAir operates flights to Cincinnati for Procter & Gamble employees.
Facilities and aircraft
Lt. Warren Eaton Airport covers an area of 147 acres (59 ha) at an elevation of 1,025 feet (312 m) above mean sea level. It has one runway designated 1/19 with an asphalt surface measuring 4,724 by 75 feet (1,440 x 23 m).
For the 12-month period ending April 8, 2011, the airport had 17,300 aircraft operations, an average of 47 per day: 81% general aviation, 18% air taxi, and 1% military. At that time there were 11 aircraft based at this airport: 64% single-engine, 18% multi-engine, 9% jet, and 9% ultralight.
- FAA Airport Master Record for OIC ( PDF). Federal Aviation Administration. Effective April 5, 2012.
- "Lt. Warren E. Eaton Airport". New York State Department of Transportation. Retrieved May 19, 2012.
- "Lt. Warren E. Eaton Airport". Chenango County government website. Retrieved May 19, 2012.
- "2011–2015 NPIAS Report, Appendix A (PDF, 2.03 MB)". National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems. Federal Aviation Administration. October 4, 2010.
- "WWI lieutenant from Norwich was a pioneer in aviation". The Daily Star. July 15, 2006.
- LT Warren Eaton Airport
- Aerial image as of March 1995 from USGS The National Map
- FAA Terminal Procedures for OIC, effective June 26, 2014
- Resources for this airport: