Norwich Township, Franklin County, Ohio
|Norwich Township, Franklin County, Ohio|
Location of Norwich Township in Franklin County.
|• Total||14.3 sq mi (37 km2)|
|• Land||14.2 sq mi (37 km2)|
|• Water||0.2 sq mi (0.5 km2)|
|Elevation||909 ft (277 m)|
|• Density||2,200/sq mi (860/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1086109|
Norwich Township is one of the seventeen townships of Franklin County, Ohio, United States. The 2010 census found 31,807 people in the township, 3,982 of whom lived in the unincorporated portions of the township.
Located in the western part of the county, it is composed of several small "islands", separated due to municipal annexations. These islands border the following townships and cities:
Most of Norwich Township has been annexed by the cities of Columbus (the county seat of Franklin County), in the south, and Hilliard, in the north.
Name and history
Statewide, the only other Norwich Township is located in Huron County.
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
- "2010 Census U.S. Gazetteer Files for County Subdivisions". U.S. Census Bureau, Geography Division. 2 February 2011. Retrieved 18 February 2012.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Population and Household Counts for Governmental Units: 2010, 2000, 1990". Ohio Department of Development. August 2011. Retrieved 18 February 2012.
- Kilbourn, John (1833). "The Ohio Gazetteer, or, a Topographical Dictionary". Scott and Wright. p. 360. Retrieved 12 December 2013.
- §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 4/30/2009.
- "Facts & Figures" (Archive). Hilliard City School District. Retrieved on June 14, 2014.