Norwich Township, Huron County, Ohio
|Norwich Township, Huron County, Ohio|
Location of Norwich Township (red) in Huron County, next to the city of Willard (yellow).
|• Total||26.0 sq mi (67.3 km2)|
|• Land||26.0 sq mi (67.2 km2)|
|• Water||0.0 sq mi (0.1 km2)|
|Elevation||846 ft (258 m)|
|• Density||41.3/sq mi (15.9/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1086354|
Located on the western edge of the county, it borders the following townships:
- Sherman Township - north
- Peru Township - northeast corner
- Greenfield Township - east
- New Haven Township - southeast corner
- Richmond Township - south
- Venice Township, Seneca County - southwest
- Reed Township, Seneca County - west
A small part of the city of Willard is located in southeastern Norwich Township.
Name and history
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- Huron County, Ohio — Population by Places Estimates Ohio State University, 2007. Accessed 15 May 2007.
- Baughman, Abraham J. (1909). History of Huron County, Ohio: Its Progress and Development, with Biographical Sketches of Prominent Citizens of the County, Volume 1. S. J. Clarke Publishing Company. p. 255.
- Kilbourn, John (1833). "The Ohio Gazetteer, or, a Topographical Dictionary". Scott and Wright. p. 350. Retrieved 12 December 2013.
- §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 4/30/2009.