Norwood Memorial Airport
|Norwood Memorial Airport|
|IATA: OWD – ICAO: KOWD|
|Owner||Town of Norwood|
|Elevation AMSL||49 ft / 15 m|
|Source: Federal Aviation Administration|
Norwood Memorial Airport (IATA: OWD, ICAO: KOWD) is a public-use airport located two miles (3 km) east of the central business district of Norwood, a town in Norfolk County, Massachusetts, United States. This airport is owned by the Town of Norwood. Located off Route 128, it is home to the offices of prominent local businessmen and several maintenance facilities.
Facilities and aircraft
- Runway 10/28: 3,995 x 75 ft (1,218 x 23 m), Surface: Asphalt
- Runway 17/35: 4,008 x 100 ft (1,222 x 30 m), Surface: Asphalt
The airport also includes two flight schools and Flight Level Aviation as an FBO. Charter services operate commonly out of the airport.
As a result of federal budget cuts, the air traffic control tower will be closed after June 2013.
In March 2010, the airport was closed due to severe flooding.
- FAA Airport Master Record for OWD ( PDF), effective 2007-03-15
- "Codes - Airline and airport codes search". IATA. Retrieved 2012-10-22.
- "Woman killed in plane crash near Norwood Airport". WBZ NewsRadio 1030. 2007-06-04.
- "DOT: Norwood Airport a flooding risk". Norwood Transcript and Bulletin. 15 March 2010. Retrieved 3 January 2011.
- Norwood Memorial Airport (official site)
- Flight Level Norwood
- (PDF), effective March 6, 2014
- Resources for this airport:
|This article about a building or structure in Massachusetts is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about an airport in Massachusetts is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|