Not in Front of the Children
|Not in Front of the Children|
|Created by||Richard Waring|
Paul Daneman (series 1)
Ronald Hines (series 2-4)
|Country of origin||United Kingdom|
|No. of series||4|
|No. of episodes||39|
|Running time||30 minutes|
|Original run||26 May 1967– 9 January 1970|
It starred Wendy Craig as a rather scatter-brained middle class housewife. Her husband was a school art teacher, played by Paul Daneman in the first series, and Ronald Hines subsequently. They had three children, a boy in his early teens (played by Hugo Keith-Johnston) and two girls who were slightly younger (played by Roberta Tovey and Jill Riddick). Charlotte Mitchell played her friend Mary.
In later series she had a baby, and they moved from the suburbs to the country.
It is significant mainly as Wendy Craig's first role as a scatty housewife; she played similar roles in several other series over the next fifteen years.
- Pilot - House In A Tree
- Series 2 Religious Revival (1 March 1968)
- Series 2 The Iron Hand (22 March 1968)
- Series 2 The George Washington Complex (29 March 1968)
- Series 2 Home Chat (5 April 1968)
- Series 2 Change Of Policy (12 April 1968)
- Series 4 A Babe Around The House (3 October 1969)
- Series 4 Pastures New (5 December 1969)