The noticeperiod is the time period between the receipt of the letter of dismissal and the end of the last working day. This time period have to be given to an employee by his employer before his employment ends.
Statutory redundancy notice periods in the UK
In the United Kingdom the statutory redundancy notice periods are:
- at least one week’s notice if employed between one month and two years
- one week’s notice for each year if employed between two and twelve years
- twelve week’s notice if employed for twelve years or more
Nevertheless an employer may give the employee more than the statutory minimum, but he can’t give him less.[note 1]
- This section incorporates text copied from https://www.gov.uk/redundant-your-rights/notice-periods under the terms of the Open Government Licence 2.0.
- GOV.UK: Redundancy - Notice periods
|This business term article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|