Notre Dame High School (Calgary)
|Notre Dame High School|
Positive Relationships with Integrity and Dedication to Excellence in learning for Christ
|11900 Country Village Link, N.E.
Calgary, Alberta, T3K 6E4, Canada
|School board||Calgary Catholic School District|
|Religious affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Area trustee||Mrs. Linda Wellman|
|Principal||Mr. Kevin DeSouza|
|Vice principal||Mrs. Gabrielle Enns
Mr. Dan Farrell
Mr. Rob Miller
|School type||High School|
|Grades||10 - 12|
|Colours||Blue and Gold|
Notre Dame Senior High School is a Catholic high school in Calgary, Alberta, Canada with more than 1,600 students. Notre Dame High School has been granted with International Baccalaureate, which commenced in September 2010. The school is under the administration on the Calgary Catholic School District.
Announced on May 10, 2011; Notre Dame High School will be undergoing a $7.6 million "modernization project". As of September 25, 2013, the construction on part of the school has begun with the whole project to be done by June 2014. The school currently operates with 1,500 students using 22 portables.
Notre Dame is a part of Catholic Community of Caring, funded by Alberta Initiative for School Improvement (AISI). The Community of Caring started 1986 by Eunice Kennedy Shriver. The process is to help students increase their involvement in school, productive work in community service, and planning for their future.
Notre Dame offers many special programs such as:
- International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma Programme
- International Languages French, Spanish & Italian
Notre Dame's team name is the Pride and the athletic symbol is a lion; hence pride. The Pride have won many athletic titles in the school's short history, such as city championships for the Senior Girls Volleyball team, Senior Boys Basketball, and provincial championships for the Senior Boys Football team.
The school competes in the following sports:
- Field hockey
- Swimming and Diving
- Track & Field
Notre Dame is an associated member of Calgary Senior High School Athletics Association (CSHSAA).
Notre Dame provides students with a variety of performing & non-performing arts. The school provides the following productions in:
- Musical Theatre
- Concert Band - Grade 10
- Symphonic Band - Grade 11 & 12
- Concert Choir
- Speech & Debate
- Visual Arts
- Gray, Donna, "Catholic district opens new school", news article, Calgary Herald, August 25, 2005, page NB01, archives search results page ("'This fall, we are opening Notre Dame High School ...'")
- Morton, Graeme, "Final touches being put on new school: Notre Dame High to open doors Sept. 12", news article, Calgary Herald, August 30, 2005, page B1 archives search results page
- CSSD, "Notre Dame High School to receive modernization",  ("'Calgary, Alberta – Calgary Catholic School District (CCSD) has been successful ...'")
- Catholic Community of Caring
- Fraser Institute school performance
- "Congratulations to Calgary Catholic football teams", November 26, 2007  ("'Two Calgary Catholic senior boys high school football teams captured provincial championships ...'")
- Athletic General Information
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to:|