Notre Dame of Dadiangas University
|Notre Dame of Dadiangas University|
|Pamantasang Notre Dame ng Dadiangas|
|Motto||School: Ad laudem atque Education Human Integrity
Marist: Ad Jesum Per Mariam
|Motto in English||School: Education Towards Excellence and Human Integrity
Marist: All to Jesus through Mary
|Religious affiliation||Roman Catholic, Marist, Notre Dame Educational Association|
|President||Bro. Manuel De Leon, F.M.S.|
|Location||General Santos City, Philippines|
|Campus||Marist Avenue (Main Campus)
NDDU-IBED Lagao Campus
NDDU-IBED Espina Campus
Total land area: 29 hectares
|Former names||Notre Dame of Dadiangas College (1953–2006)|
|Hymn||N.D.D.U. Hymn: A Life of Thanksgiving, Notre Dame Hymn / Notre Dame March|
|Colors||Green and Gold|
|Nickname||Notre Dameans, NDDU Kingfishers|
The Notre Dame of Dadiangas University (NDDU), simply known as Notre Dame, is a school in General Santos City. It is a Catholic institution run by the Marist Brothers or FMS (Fratres Maristae a Scholis). It offers undergraduate and graduate courses as well as pre-elementary and basic education. Further, it offers a broad spectrum of academic programs through its colleges. It consists of three campuses in General Santos — the main campus along Marist Avenue, the Notre Dame of Dadiangas University-Integrated Basic Education Department or NDDU-IBED Lagao Campus and the Espina Campus. Today, NDDU is the only private university in the city of General Santos.
Under the CHED Memorandum Order No. 48, the school was granted "University Status" on June 26, 2006.
As a Marist Institution, Notre Dame of Dadiangas University is affiliated with Marist Schools in the Philippines and linked internationally with University of Alcalá, Spain, Universidad Marista, A.C. Mexico City, Universidad Marista, Guadalajara, Mexico, Pontifícia Universidade Católica do Paraná and Universidad Marista, De San Luis Potosí, Mexico.
The University is a member of Notre Dame Educational Association, Inc. (NDEA), a network of Notre Dame Schools in the Philippines, under the patronage of the Blessed Virgin Mary, owned and administered by:
- Manny Pacquiao, a boxing superstar and Congressman of Sarangani. He is named the coach of the new expansion team of Philippine Basketball Association (PBA) Kia Sorentos in this 2014 season basketball opening.
- Bo Perasol, an Highschool alumnus batch 1988. Currently Head coach of Ateneo De Manila University Blue Eagles Men Seniors Basketball Team (UAAP). A former Philippine Basketball Association coach of Air21 and Coca Cola Tigers.
- Jean Pierre Lozano Sabido an Highschool alumnus batch 2000. Team Captain of Philippine Taekwondo Team and Coach of Poomsae of De La Salle University
- NDDU is the only Level 4 PAASCU Accredited University in General Santos City and one of the first schools in Mindanao.
- NDDU has been granted an Autonomous Status and has maintained its level 3 in PAASCU (Philippine Accrediting Association of Schools, Colleges and Universities).
- Center of Development for Excellence in Civil Engineering (CODE-CE) for Region XII.
- Best Nursing School in Mindanao garnering 15th place in nationwide ranking of the best Nursing Schools (2010).
- Notre Dame of Dadiangas College (now Notre Dame of Dadiangas University) was ranked NUMBER 2 of the Top Performing Nursing School (60-90 examinees category) issued by the Philippine Regulation Commission (PRC) - Philippine Board of Nursing on February 21, 2006 with 91% passing rate (78 passed out of 86 takers).
- In National Cheerleading Championship - National Level, NDDU Ranked 4th place out of 23 Colleges and Universities, nationwide. (2011)