Albano Machado Airport
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Nova Lisboa Airport)
|Albano Machado (Huambo) Airport|
|IATA: NOV – ICAO: FNHU
|Elevation AMSL||5,587 ft / 1,703 m|
|Source: DAFIF Landings.com|
The Albano Machado Airport (IATA: NOV, ICAO: FNHU) is a public airport located southeast of Huambo, a city in Angola. It used to be named the Nova Lisboa Airport, since in colonial times the city was called Nova Lisboa, or New Lisbon.
Airlines and destinations
|TAAG Angola Airlines||Catumbela, Luanda, Lubango, Menongue, Ondjiva|
Accidents and incidents
- On 3 September 1970. Douglas DC-3 G-AVPW of Hunting Surveys was substantially damaged when it was subjected to ground fire on take-off. Hydraulic lines were damaged and the fuel tanks ruptured. A successful emergency landing was made at Luanda Airport. The aircraft was repaired and returned to service.
- On 14 September 2011, 17 people, including 11 military personnel, died when an Angolan Air Force EMB-120 crashed shortly after take-off from Albano Machado airport. The plane was headed to Luanda Airport.
- Airport information for FNHU at World Aero Data. Data current as of October 2006.Source: DAFIF.
- Airport information for NOV at Great Circle Mapper. Source: DAFIF (effective Oct. 2006).
- "FNHU @ aerobaticsweb.org". Landings.com. Retrieved 31 July 2013.
- TAAG Angola Airlines: Destinations Schedule
- "G-AVPW Criminal Occurrence description". Aviation Safety Network. Retrieved 20 October 2010.
|This article about an airport in Angola is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|