|This article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2012)|
|Founded||April 26, 1996 in San Diego, California|
|Headquarters||San Diego, California|
|Key people||Peter V. Leparulo (Executive Chairman)|
|Products||Wireless broadband PC cards, ExpressCards, USB devices, embedded modules|
|Revenue||$334.9 million USD (2013)|
|Net income||$43.2 million USD (2013)|
Novatel Wireless, Inc. is a company providing wireless broadband access solutions for use in portable personal computers, handheld computing and mobile devices. The company is perhaps best known for its MiFi line of compact wireless routers.
Novatel Wireless makes 3G and 4G products. 3G technologies include UMTS/WCDMA with HSDPA (high-speed downlink packet access), HSUPA (high-speed uplink packet access), HSPA (high-speed packet access) and CDMA with EV-DO Revision 0 (Rev 0) and Revision A (Rev A). 4G technologies include LTE and WiMAX. In addition to the MiFi, the company's products and services include wireless PC Cards, ExpressCards, USB devices, embedded modules, fixed-mobile convergence products and communication software sold to wireless-network operators, distributors and original equipment manufacturers (OEMs). The product portfolio integrates wireless data technology and software.
Novatel Wireless owns 30 technology patents related to wireless voice and data technology. Novatel Wireless is headquartered in the Sorrento Mesa neighborhood of San Diego, California. The Enfora business unit, which designs and produces primarily M2M products, is headquartered in Richardson, Texas.
Portable Wifi Hotspots
- MiFi 2200 3G Mobile Hotspot
- MiFi 3352 3G Mobile Hotspot
- MiFi 4510 3G/4G Mobile Hotspot
- MiFi 4082 3G/4G Mobile Hotspot
- MiFi 4620L 3G/4G Mobile Hotspot
- MiFi 5510 3G/4G Mobile Hotspot
- MiFi 500 LTE Mobile Hotspot
- MiFi 2 LTE Touchscreen Mobile Hotspot
- Ovation MC545 - Dual-Carruer HSPA+/UMTS and Quad Band GPRS/EDGE, with microSDHC, 42 Mbit/s downlink / 11 Mbit/s uplink,(900/1900/2100 MHz)
- Ovation MC547 - Dual-Carrier HSPA+/UMTS and Quad Band GPRS/EDGE, with microSDHC, 42 Mbit/s downlink / 11 Mbit/s uplink,(850/1900/2100 MHz)
- Ovation MC551 - LTE, 5-12 Mbit/s downlink / 2-5 Mbit/s uplink (700 MHz), EV-DO Rev A (800/1900 MHz)
- Ovation MC679 - LTE, 100 Mbit/s downlink / 50 Mbit/s uplink (700/1700 MHz), Dual-Carrier HSPA+/ UMTS, 42 Mbit/s downlink / 11 Mbit/s uplink, (850, 1900, and 2100 MHz), and Quad band GPRS/EDGE
- Ovation MC760 - EV-DO Rev A (800/1900 MHz), microSD reader
- Merlin CC760 2-in1 Combo Card - EV-DO Rev A (800/1900 MHz)
Embedded Mini Card Modules
- Expedite E396 14.4 Mbit/s PCI Express - HSPA+/EVDO Networks
- Expedite E371 100 Mbit/s PCI Express - LTE Networks
- Expedite E362 100 Mbit/s PCI Express - LTE Networks
- Active Notifications
- MobiLink Suite
- Official Novatel Wireless home page
- MiFi device information and basic how-to-dos
- DOVADO routers supporting Novatel Wireless USB modems.
- External antennas for Novatel Wireless modems
- Davies, Chris (10 June 2009). "Broadband2Go contract-free from Virgin Mobile USA". slashgear.com. Retrieved 2009-07-16.
- "Novatel Wireless Fixed Mobile Convergence Products". Archived from the original on 2008-02-28. Retrieved 2008-02-29.
- "Novatel Wireless PC Cards". Archived from the original on 2008-02-16. Retrieved 2008-02-29.