November Theatre is a Canadian theatre company that started in Edmonton, Alberta but is now based in Vancouver, British Columbia. The company is committed to producing unique pieces with a heightened performing style that incorporate text, music, and movement.
In 1998 at the Edmonton International Fringe Festival, November Theatre produced the world English premiere of the expressionist operetta The Black Rider, which was created through the collaboration of singer-songwriter Tom Waits, William S. Burroughs, and avant-garde stage director Robert Wilson. They also produced the American English premiere of The Black Rider at the New York Fringe Fringe Festival in 1999.
November Theatre's production went onto tour Canada in 2004-2005 with presentations at Theatre Network in Edmonton, Ground Zero Theatre and the Calgary Opera, Persephone Theatre in Saskatoon, Yukon Arts Centre in Whitehorse, Intrepid Theatre in Victoria and the PuSh International Performing Arts Festival in Vancouver. The production went onto win 6 Elizabeth Sterling Haynes Awards in Edmonton and 6 Betty Mitchell Awards in Calgary including "Best Production" and "Best Direction" in both major centres. In 2006 the production was presented at the Magnetic North Theatre Festival in St. John's Newfoundland. The production was remounted in Vancouver, January/February 2008 for the Arts Club Theatre Company and the PuSh Festival and then in 2009 for the Tarragon Theatre in Toronto.
- Dora Nomination for "Best Touring Production"
- Jessie Richardson Award for "Best Production" (Large Theatre)
- The 2006 City of Edmonton's Salute to Excellence "Performance and Citation Award"
- Betty Mitchell Awards 2005: Best Production of a Musical, Best Director, Best Musical Director, Best Costume Design, Best Poster
- Elizabeth Sterling Haynes Theatre Awards 2005: Best Production of a Musical, Best Director, Best Musical Director, Best Supporting Actor
- Sterling Awards 2000: Best Fringe Production, Best Fringe Direction
- CBC Radio and TV "#1 Pick of the Winnipeg Fringe"