Novena to Saint Joseph
|A series of articles on|
|Prayers & Devotions|
Like all other Novenas it is prayed on nine consecutive days with a specific intention. There are multiple forms of this Novena and in 1876 Pope Pius IX granted indulgences, with the usual indulgence conditions, to all those who with a contrite heart pray the Novena at any time during the year based on a prayer approved by the Church.
The Memorare to Saint Joseph is one prayer that can be used for the Novena:
- Remember, O most pure spouse of the Blessed Virgin Mary,
- my sweet protector St. Joseph
- that no one ever had recourse to thy protection
- or implored thy aid without obtaining relief.
- Confiding therefore in thy goodness,
- I come before thee, and humbly supplicate thee.
- Oh, despise not my petitions,
- foster-father of the Redeemer,
- but graciously receive them.