Novinite.com (Sofia News Agency)
|This article relies on references to primary sources. (March 2009)|
Novinite.com (Sofia News Agency) is a Bulgarian English-language news provider. "Novinite" (Bulgarian: Новините) means "The News" in Bulgarian. It is also sometimes referred to as SNA by its forum users.
Through its website novinite.com/sofianewsagency.com and its Breaking News newsletter, Novinite.com provides coverage of events and developments in Bulgaria and around the world.
Its website includes a forum, a free archive with more than 101,000 articles, a search engine, and news alerts.
Novinite.com (Sofia News Agency) is part of One Click Media Group.
Bulgaria's real-time English-language news provider, Novinite.com (Sofia News Agency), was founded in 2001 by the Bulgarian journalist, businessman, and public relations expert, Maxim Behar. It was formally launched on March 11, 2001.
- On December 21, 2008 Novinite.com published its 100 000th news article, an average of 35 news articles per day.
- The first news article published by Novinite.com was: "Radisson SAS Opens in Sofia" (Sunday, March 11, 2001).
- Novinite.com's 10,000th news article was: "Israeli PM Ariel Sharon Won't Allow Ultra-Orthodox Parties to Rejoin Coalition" (Wednesday, May 22, 2002).
- Novinite.com's 50,000th news article was: "King's Party: Saxe-Coburg May Not Head Next Cabinet" (Thursday, July 14, 2005).
- Novinite.com's 100,000th news article was about Novinite.com itself: "Novinite.com Becomes Media Partner of Invest in Bulgaria 2009 Business Summit" (Sunday, December 21, 2008).
The editorial team of Novinite.com provides news coverage in English of every aspect of contemporary Bulgaria including business and economy, politics, sports, society, culture, and lifestyle. Novinite.com features headlines covering the major world events and developments.
Novinite.com uses American English.
Novinite.com's readers include foreign businessmen and managers of multinational corporations doing or planning to do business in Bulgaria, diplomats in foreign embassies in Sofia and from all over the world, foreign citizens living in Bulgaria, foreign tourists, members of the Bulgarian immigrant communities around the world, and Bulgaria lovers.