|Number of locations||Worldwide|
|Services||Hotels and resorts|
Novotel is a mid-scale hotel brand within the Accor group, typically slotting between the Mercure and Sofitel brands. Novotel has close to 400 hotels and resorts in 60 countries, situated in the business districts and tourist destinations of major international cities.
Novotel opened its first hotel in 1967 in Lille Lesquin, France.
Novotel worldwide :
- 402 hotels & resorts in 60 countries, i.e. 76,383 bedrooms (31 December 2013)
- 30 000 employees
- 1967: Birth of the Novotel brand with the opening of the first hotel in Lille Lesquin (France)
- 1972: Opening of the first Novotel hotels outside France: Neufchâtel in Switzerland and Brussels in Belgium
- 1973: Opening of Novotel’s first Paris hotel (Paris Bagnolet - France)
- 1977: Novotel becomes established in South America - opening of Novotel São Paulo Morumbi (Brazil)
- 1978: Opening of the 100th Novotel, in Amsterdam, 11 years after the first opening – Novotel comprised 120 hotels, or 14,000 rooms, by the end of the year
- 1979: Opening of Novotel Abu Dhabi in the Middle East
- 1982: Novotel becomes established in Asia with the opening of the Novotel Orchid in Singapore
- 1986: Novotel becomes established in North America – opening of Novotel Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- 1987: 20 years and 200 hotels around the world
- 1987: Novotel becomes established in China – opening of Novotel Guangzhou, Beijing
- 1990: Novotel becomes established in Australia – opening Novotel Sydney
- 1992: Novotel becomes established in Russia – opening of It is mine
- 1997: 320 Novotel hotels in 53 countries
- 2001: Co-branding of Novotel and Century: Novotel Century Hong Kong became the first Novotel in Hong Kong
- 2006: Novotel becomes established in India – opening of Novotel at Hyderabad, and also a second hotel in Hong Kong with the Novotel Citygate Hong Kong (440 rooms)located in Hong Kong International Airport area.
- 2007: 40 years and 400 hotels in 60 countries around the world. Novotel makes an initial entry into Turkey with the opening of the first Novotel in Istanbul
- 2008: April sees the opening of Novotel's third hotel in Hong Kong with the opening of Novotel Nathan Road Kowloon Hong Kong (389 rooms)
- 2008: In April, Novotel Hyderabad Airport was established, in Shamshabad International Air port Hyderabad
- 2009: Novotel opens its doors in new countries such as Argentina (Buenos Aires) and Taiwan (Taipei - Taoyuan International Airport), Novotel also opens Novotel Manado Golf Resort & Convention Center to support World Ocean Conference and Coral Triangle Initiative Summit in Manado City, North Sulawesi.
- 2010: June, Novotel Toronto Centre is the location of the Largest Mass Arrest in Canadian History-- as G-20 Protestors fighting austerity measures join striking Novotel workers outside in support of a new collective bargaining contract
- 2010: September, Novotel opens the brand new Novotel Bangkok Fenix Silom hotel in the Bangkok business district
- 2011: The first Novotel in the Philippines is set to open in December 2012 it will be located beside a historical landmark the Araneta Coliseum and it will be the first hotel connected in 2 lines of a mass rapid transit train. It will be called as Novotel Manila Araneta Center.
- 2012: 480-room Times Square Novotel in New York City sold to Chartres Lodging Group, LLC and Apollo Global Management in a deal valued $212 million ($94 million plus $118 renovation). Accor is to continue managing the hotel.
As of 2009, there are 395 Novotel hotels in 60 countries with 71 872 rooms and employs over 30,000 employees:
- Europe : 266 hotels in 23 countries
- Asia : 51 hotels in 11 countries
- Pacific : 34 hotels in 5 countries
- North America : 8 hotels in 2 countries
- South America : 19 hotels in 6 countries
- Africa : 13 hotels in 10 countries
- Middle East : 5 hotels in 3 countries
Novotel hotels feature a bedroom measuring 25m², restaurant and bar in all hotels, meeting facilities, fitness rooms, swimming pools, terraces, green spaces and internet access. Some hotels also have larger executive rooms and suites.
Novotel hotels are involved in the worldwide environmental and societal certification programme Planet 21. As of the 22nd of May 2012, 278 hotels are committed, 134 hotels are benchmarked and 109 are certified.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Novotel.|
Novotel Mumbai can be viewed here with a 360 degree view of the interiors