Novotel Citygate Hong Kong
|Novotel Citygate Hong Kong|
|Location||51 Man Tung Road, Tung Chung, Hong Kong|
|Owner||Newfoundworld Site2 (Hotel) Limited|
|Design and construction|
|Architect||Simon Jackson, Steve Leung, Yasumichi Morita & Sandy Duggie|
|Number of rooms||440|
|Number of suites||14|
|Number of restaurants||4|
Novotel Citygate Hong Kong (Chinese: 諾富特東薈城酒店) is a 4-star hotel in Hong Kong. It opened in April 2006, and is managed by Accor Hotels. Novotel Citygate has 440 rooms including 14 suites from 26 to 45 square meters, 3 restaurants and a bar, a gym center, an outdoor swimming pool and meeting facilities.
The original interior design was started by Simon Jackson, who arranged guest rooms in a herringbone design. Later on, Hong Kong architect and designer, Steve Leung completed the task. In addition, the restaurants and bar were designed by interior designer, Yasumichi Morita. The Feng Shui elements located at garden and sun terrace were designed by landscape architect Sandy Duggie.
The number three represents “liveliness” in Feng Shui. The hotel entrance features three geometric beds of bamboo in low ground cover, and a still water pool. The revolving door contains 3 leaves and moves in a clockwise direction, which represents good luck in and bad luck out. The revolving door is 4.8m high and is the tallest revolving door in the world and has held the Guinness Record since 2006.
At the poolside garden terrace, there is a white marble sculpture named ‘Trans for Matter’ by Italian sculptor Polo Bourieau. Water runs from the sculpture and through a narrow channel across the center of a spacious timber sundeck and down to a large granite waterfall.
AsiaWorld-Expo is an exhibition, convention and events venue next to the Hong Kong International Airport. It hosts a number of the world’s biggest international exhibitions, trade fairs and concerts every year.
Located on reclaimed land in Penny's Bay, Lantau Island. It consists of 7 lands based on stories of mystery, Wild West, Toy Story, fantasy, adventure, space and Americana. In each land, there are high quality rides with different cartoon characters as well as Broadway-style shows.
SkyPlaza is located at Terminal 2 of Hong Kong International Airport with over 100 shops, 25 catering outlets and 4 unique entertainment zones.
- SkyCity Nine Eagles Golf Course
The SkyCity Nine Eagles Golf Course is Hong Kong’s first nine-hole golf course, providing a range of facilities including equipment rental, luggage storage, restaurant, a club house and pro-shop as well as lighting for night-time golf.
- Tai O Fishing Village and Stilt-House
Accessible by bus no.11 at Tung Chung Bus Terminal or by blue taxi that will take around 50 minutes . It is a rare community of fisher folk who have built their homes on stilts above the tidal flats for generations.
- Mass Transit Railway(MTR)
The hotel is direct access to Tung Chung MTR Station via Citygate Outlets, it takes 25–35 minutes to Central MTR Station.
- Complimentary Airport Shuttle
Complimentary shuttle service to/from Hong Kong International Airport from 6am – 11:45pm hours at 15-minute intervals. Shuttle bus station located at coach bay 29-30 in Terminal 2. Please approach B16 counter upon arrival at the Arrival Hall.
- Hotel Shuttle to AsiaWorld-Expo
Shuttle bus to AsiaWorld-Expo runs on selected trade show periods.
- Airport Coach Service to Shenzhen and Guangdong Province
- Coach Service to Shenzhen in Citygate Outlets
Novotel Citygate has 440 rooms and suites with airport, sea and mountain views, including 2 rooms that provide access for people with disabilities. Broadband connection is available inside the hotel. Facilities include 3 restaurants and a bar, 7 function rooms, an outdoor swimming pool and 24-hour gymnasium. 
- Accor Group (2013). "Hotel Novotel Hong Kong Citygate: travel, stay or vacation, holiday at HONG KONG". Novotel.com.
- Loft Asia (November 2010). "LOFT gets a rare face-to-face chat with interiors guru, Steve Leung". Loft asia.com.
- Jana Schiowitz (February 2010). "Project Profile: Takano Yuri Beauty Clinic by Yasumichi Morita". Contractdesign.com.
- Guinness World Records (June 12, 2006). "Tallest revolving door". guinnessworldrecords.com.
- Citygate Outlets (2013). "Citygate Outlets Homepage". Citygateoutlets.com.hk.
- AsiaWorld-Expo (2013). "AsiaWorld-Expo Hoempage". Asiaworld-expo.com.hk.
- Ngong Ping 360 Homepage (2013). "Ngong Ping 360". Np360.com.hk.
- Hong Kong Disneyland (2013). "Hong Kong Disneyland Homepage". Park.hongkongdisneyland.com.
- Hong Kong International Airport (2013). "Skyplaza Information". Hongkongairport.com.
- Nine Eagles (2013). "Nine Eagles Golf Course Homepage". Nine-eagles.com.
- Discover Hongkong (2013). "Tai O Fishing Village". Discoverhongkong.com.
- MTR Corporation (2013). "MTR Journey Planner". MTR.com.hk.
- Novotel Citygate (2013). "Novotel Citygate Shuttle Information". Novotelcitygate.com.
- 永東集團（國際）有限公司 (2013). "永東集團（國際）有限公司 (Chinese Website)". Eebus.com.
- Citygate Outlets (2013). "Cross-Border Coach Service". CitygateOutlets.com.
- Novotel Citygate (2013). "Novotel Citygate Rooms Information". Novotelcitygate.com.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Novotel Citygate Hong Kong.|