Map of Novska municipality within Sisak-Moslavina County
|• Mayor||Vlado Klasan (HSLS)|
|• Total||13,518 (municipality)|
|Time zone||Central European Time (UTC+1)|
Novska has a total population of 13,518 in the following settlements:
- Bair, population 6
- Borovac, population 273
- Brestača, population 913
- Brezovac, population 9
- Bročice, population 964
- Jazavica, population 398
- Kozarice, population 433
- Kričke, population 23
- Lovska, population 9
- Nova Subocka, population 713
- Novi Grabovac, population 14
- Novska, population 7,028
- Paklenica, population 279
- Plesmo, population 87
- Popovac, population 10
- Rađenovci, population 2
- Rajčići, population 4
- Rajić, population 875
- Roždanik, population 262
- Sigetac, population 122
- Stara Subocka, population 502
- Stari Grabovac, population 393
- Voćarica, population 199
In the 2011 census, 91.64% (12,388) of the population were Croats and 4.74% (641) were Serbs. In 1991 in the town lived 24,696 inhabitants, Croats 16,556 (67,03%), Serbs 5,402 (21.87%), Yugoslavs 675 (2.73%), others 2,063 (8.35%).
to be expanded
Before 1881, Novska was part of the Austrian monarchy (Kingdom of Croatia-Slavonia after the compromise of 1867), in the Slavonian Military Frontier, Gradiskaner Regiment N°VIII. Between 1881 and 1918, in the Požega County of the Kingdom.
Transport and industry
The Croatian railway lines M103, M104 and M105 are connected with each other at Novska railway station. All of them and the A3 motorway, which runs passes by south of the town, are part of Pan-European Corridor X.
Novska is known for its steel elbow factory, Metaflex.
- "Population by Age and Sex, by Settlements, 2011 Census: Novska". Zagreb: Croatian Bureau of Statistics. December 2012.
- "Population by Ethnicity, by Towns/Municipalities, 2011 Census: County of Sisak-Moslavina". Zagreb: Croatian Bureau of Statistics. December 2012.
- Map of the Corinphila-Auktionen 2003.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Novska.|
|This Sisak-Moslavina County geography article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|