Now with Alex Wagner
|Now with Alex Wagner|
|Format||Political opinion show|
|Presented by||Alex Wagner|
|Country of origin||United States|
|Executive producer(s)||Dana Haller|
|Location(s)||New York City|
|Running time||60 minutes|
|Picture format||480i (SDTV)
|Original run||November 14, 2011– present|
Now with Alex Wagner (stylized NOW) is a political opinion program on MSNBC presented by progressive host Alex Wagner. The show debuted on November 14, 2011, and aired on weekdays at noon ET. Starting on January 13, 2014, Now will air at 4 P.M. due to the resignation of former MSNBC host Martin Bashir.
Now utilizes a panel format for a majority of the show featuring correspondents and special guests that analyze and break down the most important stories of the day with Wagner serving as both moderator and anchor. The focus is generally political, but also includes breaking stories and pop culture. The program also features branded special segments. Instead of the traditional daytime "news crawl" at the bottom of the screen, Now features a Twitter feed that displays tweets from various news organizations, reporters, and other relevant organizations and individuals regarding the story being discussed at the time.
- The Bullpen: A conversation with another MSNBC personality about the news of the day.
- Post Script (P.S.): A short editorial segment, featuring Wagner's opinion on an important issue or news story.
Now was created to replace the 12pm hour of MSNBC Live, which was hosted by Contessa Brewer until August 2011. Between Brewer's departure and Now's debut, MSNBC Live's noon hour was presented by rotating fill-in anchors. Wagner was the third MSNBC personality in quick succession to be announced as host of a new show on the network. Al Sharpton's PoliticsNation and Chris Hayes's Up with Chris Hayes also debuted in the three months prior to Now's premiere.
- Christopher, Tommy (November 14, 2011). "Alex Wagner’s NOW Debuts With Question On Obama’s Leadership On Supercommittee". Mediaite. Retrieved November 14, 2011.
- Knox, Merrill (November 11, 2011). "‘Now With Alex Wagner’ Debuts Monday on MSNBC". TV Newser. Retrieved November 11, 2011.
- Shapiro, Rebecca (November 11, 2011). "Alex Wagner MSNBC Show 'Now' Launching Nov. 14". The Huffington Post. Retrieved November 11, 2011.