|노원구 · 蘆原區|
Location of Nowon-gu in Seoul
|• Mayor||Kim Seong-Hwan (김성환)|
|• Total||35.44 km2 (13.68 sq mi)|
|• Density||17,000/km2 (43,000/sq mi)|
|Time zone||Korea Standard Time (UTC+9)|
|Website||Nowon-gu official website|
Nowon District (Nowon-gu) is a residential district of Seoul, South Korea, Located in the northeastern part of the metropolitan city. It has the highest population density in Seoul, with 619,509 people living in the area of 35.44 km².
Nowon District is home to numerous educational institutes such as Kwangwoon University, Sahmyook University, the Korea Military Academy, Sejong Science High School, Seoul National University of Technology, Induk University and Seoul Women's University. The large number of schools, universities, and hagwon have given the "gu" the reputation of being the so-called "educational district" of northern Seoul, just like Gangnam and Seocho Districts of southern Seoul.
The mayor of this district is Kim Seong-Hwan since July 2010.
- Gongneung-dong (공릉동 孔陵洞) 1∼2 (Both 1 and 3 administrative dongs are combined each other in January 2008)
- Hagye-dong (하계동 下溪洞) 1∼2
- Junggye bon-dong (중계본동 中溪本洞)
- Junggye-dong (중계동 中溪本洞) 1∼4
- Sanggye-dong (상계동 上溪洞) 1∼10 (3 and 4 administrative dongs were combined in January 2008)
- Wolgye-dong (월계동 月溪洞) 1∼3
|This section requires expansion. (May 2014)|
- Korean Statistical Information Service (Korean) > Population and Household > Census Result (2010) > Population by Administrative district, Sex and Age / Alien by Administrative district and Sex, Retrieved 2010-06-02.
- "New CGV theater optimized for family viewing". Korea Times. 23 April 2013. Retrieved 24 April 2013.
- "Welcome to APIS." Asia Pacific International School. Retrieved on May 22, 2014. "57 Wolgye-ro 45ga-gil, Nowon-gu, Seoul, 139-852, Korea"
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Nowon-gu.|