|• Total||1,253.8 km2 (484.1 sq mi)|
|Elevation||640 m (2,100 ft)|
|Population (2012 Estimate)|
|• Density||67.1/km2 (174/sq mi)|
|Time zone||EAT (UTC+3)|
Ntoroko District is located west of the Rwenzori Mountains. It is one of two Ugandan districts, so located; the other being Bundibugyo District, from which Ntoroko District was split, in 2010. Ntoroko District is bordered by the Democratic Republic of the Congo to the west and north, Hoima District to the northeast, Kibaale District to the east, Kabarole District to the south and Bundibugyo District to the southwest. Ntoroko, where the district headquarters are located, lies approximately 132 kilometres (82 mi), by road, northeast of Kasese, the largest town in the sub-region This location is situated approximately 300 kilometres (190 mi), by road, west of Kampala, the capital of Uganda and the largest city in that country. The coordinates of the district are:01 06N, 30 24E.
Ntoroko District was created by Act of the Ugandan Parliament and became operational on 1 July 2010. Prior to that, the district was part of Bundibugyo District. The district is part of Rwenzururu sub-region, which is coterminous with the Rwenzururu Kingdom. In 2002, the sub-region was home to an estimated 750,000 inhabitants, according to the national population and household census, conducted that year. The districts that constitute the sub-region are: 1. Bundibugyo District 2. Kasese District 3. Ntoroko District.
In 1991, the national population census estimated the district population at about 24,300. The national census in 2002 estimated the population of Ntoroko District at about 51,100. In 2012, the population in the district was estimated at approximately 84,100.
- "Distance Between Kasese And Ntoroko With Map". Globefeed.com. Retrieved 20 May 2014.
- "Map Showing Kampala And Ntoroko With Distance Marker". Globefeed.com. Retrieved 20 May 2014.
- Cyprian Musoke, Milton Olupot and Mary Karugaba (22 April 2010). "Government Names 14 New Districts". New Vision. Retrieved 20 May 2014.
- Uganda's Population By District In 2002
- "Estimated Population of Ntoroko District In 1991, 2002 & 2012". Citypopulation.de. Retrieved 20 May 2014.