Nuestra Belleza México pageant, was held at the Auditorio "Profr. Manuel Bonilla Valle" of Manzanillo, Colima, Mexico on October 6, 2007. Thirty-three contestants competed for the national title, which was won by Elisa Nájera from Guanajuato, who later competed in Miss Universe 2008 where she was the 4th Runner-up. Nájera was crowned by outgoing Nuestra Belleza México titleholder Rosa María Ojeda. She is the first and only Guanajuatense to win this Title.
Nuestra Belleza Mundo México title was won by Anagabriela Espinoza from Nuevo León, who later competed in Miss World 2008 where she was a Semifinalist in the Top 15. Espinoza was crowned by outgoing Nuestra Belleza Mundo México titleholder Carolina Morán. She was the second Neoleonesa to win this Title.
Lorenza Bernot from Morelos was selected by Lupita Jones as Nuestra Belleza Internacional México 2008 and later competed in Miss International 2008. She was the second Morelense to win this Title.
Lupita Jones re-obtained the franchise of Miss International pageant, and she chose to Priscila Perales, Nuestra Belleza México 2005 and Finalist in Miss Universe 2006 to compete in Miss International 2007, winning the title, becoming the first Mexican to win this beauty pageant.
The Recognition "Corona al Mérito 2007" was for
Luz María Zetina, Nuestra Belleza México 1994 and Actress.
Results [ edit ]
Placements [ edit ]
Special Awards [ edit ]
Best National Costume [ edit ]
- Alessandra Rosaldo Actress & Singer
Carlos Latapi - Photographer
Elsa Burgos - Miss Costa Maya International 2002 & Television Hostess
- Eugenio Derbez Actor, Comedian & Producer
Gerardo Rebollo - Accessory Designer & Fashion Coordinator
José Luis Abarca - Fashion Designer
Madeleine García - Fuller Cosmetics Manager
- Marisol González Nuestra Belleza México 2002 & Actress
Background Music [ edit ]
Opening Number: "Medley of the host State" by Contestants
Crowning Moment: "Nuestra Belleza México" (Official Theme)
Contestants [ edit ]
1 Nadia Ramos had to leave the competition due to a family emergency, but was given another chance to compete the next year.
Designates [ edit ]
Returning States [ edit ]
Withdrawals [ edit ]
- Nadia Ramos had to leave the competition due to a family emergency, but was given another chance to compete the next year. Baja California
Historical Significance [ edit ]
Guanajuato won the Nuestra Belleza México title for the first time. This year the crown of Nuestra Belleza México suffers his fourth change, this new model would continue only this year.
Nuevo León won the Nuestra Belleza Mundo México title for the second time (before 1995).
Morelos was appointed as Nuestra Belleza Internacional México for the second time (before 1999). This year begins with the first model of crown of Nuestra Belleza Internacional México, this model would continue until 2009.
Jalisco was the Suplente/1st Runner-up for the second time (before 2006).
Estado de México return to competition after two years ( 2005) and San Luis Potosí after three years ( 2004).
Jalisco was placed for forth consecutive year in the Top 5.
Colima was placed for second consecutive year in the Top 5.
Tamaulipas placed for ninth consecutive year.
Distrito Federal, Jalisco and Nuevo León placed for fifth consecutive year.
Colima, Chihuahua and Sonora placed for second consecutive year.
Chiapas returned to making calls to the semifinals after eleven years ( 1996) and Guanajuato, Morelos, Veracruz and Yucatán after two years ( 2005). States that were called to the semifinals last year and this year failed to qualify were
Coahuila, Michoacán, Nayarit, Puebla and Sinaloa. For the first time Alfredo Adame hosted Nuestra Belleza México, with
Jacqueline Bracamontes who was her third time.
Morelos won Miss Top Model for the first time.
Jalisco won Miss Congeniality and the Best Hair Award for the first time.
Sonora won Miss Talent and Steps to Fame Award for the first time.
Distrito Federal won Miss Sports for the second time (before 2006).
Nuevo León won the Academic Award for the first time.
Guanajuato won Fuller Beauty Queen for the first time.
Yucatán won Best National Costume for the third time (before 2001 and 2004). The host delegate, Irene Chavira from
Colima, placed 3rd Runner-up.
Contestants Notes [ edit ]
- Nadia Ramos had to leave the competition due to a family emergency, but was given another chance to compete the next year in Baja California Nuestra Belleza México 2008 where she was semifinalist in the Top 15 and she won Miss Sports Award.
- Natalía Ruíz competed in Chiapas Miss Costa Maya International 2008 but she didn't place.
- Chihuahua Georgina Holguín represented Mexico in annual pageant Reinado Internacional del Café 2008 in Manizales, Colombia where she was a finalist in the Top 10. She studied in CEA and participated in the soap opera Una Familia con Suerte of Televisa in 2012.
- Priscila Trejo participated in Chihuahua Miss Tourism Bikinni of the World 2006, which won the main band as Miss Bikini World 2006 Central America. She was elected Señorita Rostro de Chihuahua 2013 and will compete in Señorita Rostro de México 2013.
- Irene Chavira actually is public relations coordinator for the Colima Miss Turismo Mundo México pageant.
- María José del Cueto is sister of Lucía del Cueto, Distrito Federal Nuestra Belleza Distrito Federal 2010.
- Vanessa Huppenkothen the end of their participation in Distrito Federal Nuestra Belleza México, took driving lessons at the Televisa's CEA, to participate later in this field in the TVyNovelas Award 2008, part of the festivities of Guerrero Brilla, then joined the ranks of Televisa Deportes and with them participated in the 2008 Olympics in China and covering the World Cup South Africa 2010. Currently she is a TV Hostess.
- Guanajuato Elisa Nájera in Miss Universe 2008 held at the Crown Convention Center in the Diamond Bay Resort, Nha Trang, Vietnam she won the Best in Bikini - Queen Of Vinpearl special award title, a trophy and 2,000 USD, also she was the highest delegate and in the final competition she placed among the top 15 semifinalists and competed in swimsuit and evening gown before moving on to the final 5, finishing as 4th Runner-up on July 14, 2008. Today she is a TV Hostess and Professional Model.
- Jalisco Esmeralda Pimentel later studied acting in Televisa's CEA and eventually made her debut in Verano de Amor (2009), playing the role of Ada Claveria. In 2012 she participate in the soap opera Abismo de Pasión.
- Jalisco Lupita González was chosen to represent Mexico in Miss Continente Americano 2008 held in Centro de Convenciones Simón Bolívar in Guayaquil, Ecuador on September 6, 2008 where she won the title, becoming Mexico's first representative to win that title. Also she won the awards as Miss Photogenic and Miss Yanbal Face. Actually she is a Television Actress, and she participated in the soap opera Ni contigo ni sin ti of Televisa.
- Morelos Lorenza Bernot months later she was crowned as Nuestra Belleza Internacional México obtaining the right to represent Mexico in Miss International 2008 held at the Venetian Macao Resort Hotel, in the Chinese region of Macau on November 8, 2008 but she didn't place.
- Nayarit Ana Karen Romero was part of the contestants of Mexico's Next Top Model first cycle (2009), Ana Karen was unable to go further on the competition when she could not manage to make it to the final top 13, she was eliminated on Episode 1, Part 2. She was Señorita Universidad 2005 in Tepic. In 2012 she was elected Señorita Rostro de Nayarit 2013 and will compete in Señorita Rostro de México 2013.
- Nuevo León Anagabriela Espinoza won the Miss World Beach Beauty fast track event and award, which automatically gave her a semifinal spot in Miss World 2008 held at Sandton Convention Centre in Johannesburg, South Africa on December 13, 2008. A year later, was chosen to represent Mexico in Miss International 2009 because Laura Zuñiga was dethroned as Nuestra Belleza Internacional and she lost the right to represent Mexico in this contest. Anagabriela Espinoza won the title as Miss International 2009 at the Sichuan International Tennis Center, Chengdu, Sichuan, China on November 28, 2009. She became the second Mexican delegate to win that title, just two years after Priscila Perales' victory in 2007, both Neoleonesas. Today is a TV Hostess in Monterrey.
- Fabiola Guajardo studied in Nuevo León CEA of Televisa; she is a television actress.
- Carla Cardona later made her debut in Sonora Camaleones (2009), playing the role of Mercedes "Solo una pastilla" Márquez.
- Yucatán Valentina Cervera previously won World Sea Queen held in the Maldives Islands and competed in Miss Intercontinental, both in 2004 representing Mexico. The same year she was elected Miss Earth Yucatán obtained the right to represent her State in the national contest of Miss Earth México 2004 where she won the Title and represented Mexico in Miss Earth 2004, but she didn't place. In August 10, 2011 she was crowned the new Miss Costa Maya International 2011 held in Belize. Also she has her own model school, "Valentina's Model" in her homwtown Mérida.
References [ edit ]
External links [ edit ]