Nueva Hesperides International Airport
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Nueva Hespérides International Airport
Aeropuerto Internacional de Nueva Hespérides
|IATA: STY – ICAO: SUSO|
|Elevation AMSL||57 m / 187 ft|
Sources: World Aero Data
The airport was formerly served by Transporte Aéreo Militar Uruguayo and Aviasur.
Airlines and destinations
|BQB Líneas Aéreas||Asuncion, Buenos Aires-Aeroparque, Montevideo|
Accidents and incidents
- 20 June 1977: a Transporte Aéreo Militar Uruguayo Embraer EMB110C Bandeirante registration CX-BJE/T584 flying from Montevideo to Salto crashed after striking trees in an orange grove during approach to Salto. The crew of 2 and 3 of the 13 passengers died.
The airport is located 6 km (4 mi) from downtown Salto.
- Airport information for SUSO at World Aero Data. Data current as of October 2006.Source: DAFIF.
- Airport information for SUSO at Great Circle Mapper. Source: DAFIF (effective Oct. 2006).
- Current weather for SUSO at NOAA/NWS
- Accident history for STY at Aviation Safety Network