|Nugzar Nuri-ipa Ashuba|
|Minister of Culture of Abkhazia|
|1st Chairman of the State Committee for Repatriation|
|Succeeded by||Fenia Avidzba|
|2nd Speaker of the People's Assembly of Abkhazia|
3 April 2002 – 2012
|Preceded by||Sokrat Jinjolia|
|Succeeded by||Valeri Bganba|
|Secretary of the State Security Council of Abkhazia|
29 October 2013 – 4 June 2014
|Preceded by||Stanislav Lakoba|
March 2, 1952 |
Guada, Ochamchira District, Abkhazian ASSR, Georgian SSR, USSR
|Alma mater||Georgian Polytechnic Institute|
Nugzar Nuri-ipa Ashuba (Abkhaz: Нугзар Нури-иҧа Ашәба, Georgian: ნუგზარ აშუბას) is a senior politician from Abkhazia. He was Minister of Culture from 1986 until 1992 and the first Chairman of the State Repatriation Committee from 1992 until 1995. He was elected to the People's Assembly of Abkhazia in the 2002 elections, and he was elected Speaker on 3 April 2002 with 23 votes in favour, 10 against and 1 abstention. Ashuba was re-elected in 2007 both as Deputy and as Speaker, but suffered a first-round loss in the 2012 elections. When President Sergei Bagapsh died in 2011, and Vice President Alexander Ankvab participated in the subsequent Presidential election, Ashuba acted as President. On 29 October 2013, he was appointed Security Council Secretary by President Alexander Ankvab to succeed Stanislav Lakoba, who had been dismissed the previous day.
On 4 June 2014, following the forced resignation of Ankvab as President in the 2014 Abkhazian political crisis, Ashuba resigned as Security Council Secretary along with Presidential Administration Head Beslan Kubrava, accusing the opposition of carrying out a witch hunt and imposing its decisions on the interim authorities.
Nugzar Ashuba was born on March 2, 1952 in the village of Guada, Ochamchira District, and is married with two children.
- "Ашуба Нугзар Нуриевич". Министерство культуры Республики Абхазия. Retrieved 9 November 2013.
- "Абхазский парламент избрал нового спикера". Lenta.ru. 3 April 2002. Retrieved 5 October 2014.
- "Регистрация средства массовой информации Эл №77 - 8262". Секретные материалы России. Retrieved 18 January 2009.
- "Секретарем Совета безопасности РА назначен Нугзар Ашуба". Apsnypress. 29 October 2013. Retrieved November 9, 2013.
- "Руководитель администрации Президента Беслан Кубрава и секретарь Совбеза РА Нугзар Ашуба написали заявления о своей отставке". Apsnypress. 4 June 2014. Retrieved 8 June 2014.
|Speaker of the People's Assembly of Abkhazia
|This Abkhazian biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article related to the politics of Abkhazia is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|