Number Seven, Queer Street
Dust-jacket illustration by Frank Utpatel for the first US edition of Number Seven, Queer Street
|Genre||Supernatural fiction, Detective fiction short stories|
|Media type||Print (Hardback)|
Number Seven, Queer Street is a collection of supernatural detective short stories by author Margery Lawrence. It was first published by Robert Hale in the UK in 1945. The first US edition was published in 1966 by Mycroft & Moran in an edition of 2,027 copies and omits the last two stories. The stories are about Lawrence's supernatural detective Miles Pennoyer.
Number Seven, Queer Street contains the following tales:
- "The Case of the Bronze Door"
- "The Case of the Haunted Cathedral"
- "The Case of Ella McLeod"
- "The Case of the White Snake"
- "The Case of the Moonchild"
- "The Case of the Young Man with the Scar"
- "The Case of the Leannabh Sidhe"
- Bleiler, Everett (1948). The Checklist of Fantastic Literature. Chicago: Shasta. p. 176.
- Jaffery, Sheldon (1989). The Arkham House Companion. Mercer Island, WA: Starmont House, Inc. p. 93. ISBN 1-55742-005-X.
- Chalker, Jack L.; Mark Owings (1998). The Science-Fantasy Publishers: A Bibliographic History, 1923-1998. Westminster, MD and Baltimore: Mirage Press, Ltd. p. 845.
- Joshi, S.T. (1999). Sixty Years of Arkham House: A History and Bibliography. Sauk City, WI: Arkham House. p. 183. ISBN 0-87054-176-5.
- Nielsen, Leon (2004). Arkham House Books: A Collector's Guide. Jefferson, NC and London: McFarland & Company, Inc. pp. 153–154. ISBN 0-7864-1785-4.