|Type||Wholly owned subsidiary|
|Headquarters||Amsterdam, the Netherlands|
|Key people||Jan Bennink, CEO|
|Revenue||€ 2.644 billion (2006)|
Numico (or in full Koninklijke Numico N.V., Royal Numico N.V.), is a specialist baby food and clinical nutrition subsidiary of Groupe Danone. Products range from infant formula to specialised nutrition for babies with specific needs and for breastfeeding mothers. It also produces and markets special clinical nutrition, diet products and disease-specific nutrition. Its main brands are Nutricia, Milupa, Mellin, Cow & Gate, and Dumex.
The name "NUMICO", is formed by NUtricia, MIlupa and COw & Gate.
Numico has three divisions:
- Baby Food
- Advanced Medical Nutrition
- Research & Development
The company's Dairy & Drinks division was sold to Friesland Coberco in March 2001, currently named Royal Friesland Foods. This division was well known for its brands Chocomel/Cécémel, Fristi, Nutroma and Extran, which are all still in use by the new owner. This deal is part of Numico's strategy to concentrate on baby and clinical nutrition.
On 2007-07-09, a €12.3 billion offer for the company by French rival Danone was accepted by the Numico board. Danone announced ownership of over 90% of Numico's shares on 31 October 2007, declaring its offer for the remainder unconditional. As a result, Numico was removed from the AEX index. The company's shares were delisted from the Amsterdam Stock Exchange at the end of 2007 as Danone gained full control. On 28 October 2008, the Court of Appeals ruled that all remaining Numico shares were to be transferred to Danone (squeeze out) at the initial offer price of € 55 per share. At the time Danone held approximately 98.9% of the Numico shares.
- Çmosan A.S. (Turkey)
- Efamol Ltd. (United Kingdom)
- Enrich International Inc. (United States)
- General Nutrition Companies, Inc. (United States)
- Kasdorf S.A. (Argentina)
- Larkhall (United Kingdom)
- Milupa S.A. (Switzerland)
- Mococa (Brazil)
- Northfield Laboratories Pty Ltd. (Australia)
- Nutricia DEVA a.s. (Czech republic)
- Nutricia UK Ltd. (UK)
- Nutricia Australasia Ltd. (New Zealand)
- Nutricia Nederland B.V.
- N.V. Galenco (Belgium)
- Ovita Nutricia Sp. z.o.o. (Poland)
- Pack-o-Med Medical Supply Systems B.V. (Netherlands)
- PT Sari Husada Tbk (Indonesia)
- Qihe Dairy Corporation Ltd of Heilongjiang (China)
- Rexall Sundown, Inc. (United States)
- Scientific Hospital Supplies Ltd. (United Kingdom)
- Szabolcstej (Hungary)
- Vitamex AB (Sweden)
- Bristol-Myers Squibb
- H. J. Heinz Company
- Leiner Health Products
- Milnot Company
- Nature's Sunshine Products, Incorporated
- NBTY, Inc., Nestlé S.A.
- Novartis International AG
- Perrigo Company
- Sunrider Corporation
- Twinlab Corporation
- "Danone to Offer 12.3 Billion Euros for Numico". CNBC. 2007-07-09. Archived from the original on 2007-09-30. Retrieved 2007-07-09.
- "Danone says Numico bid unconditional, holds 90.5 pct". Reuters. 31 October 2007. Retrieved 2007-11-08.
- "Delisting of shares" (PDF). Euronext. 29 November 2007. Retrieved 2008-02-19.