From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Nun may refer to:
- Nun, a female ascetic who chooses to voluntarily leave the world and live her life in prayer and contemplation in a monastery or convent
- Nun (Bible), a Biblical figure who is the father of Joshua, the right-hand man and successor of Moses
- Nun, Elizabethan-era slang for a prostitute (a nunnery referred to a brothel as well as a genuine nunnery)
- Nun, the higher of the two major peaks of the Nun Kun massif in Kashmir, India
- Nun River, Nigeria
- Nun, an alternate spelling for Nu, the name by which ancient Egyptians called both the mysterious underworld from where life was renewed and the primordial god residing there (the name translates as "Abyss")
- Nun (letter), the fourteenth letter of many Semitic alphabets
- Nun, a kind of sea mark
- Nuns on the Bus, an American Catholic lobby group
See also 
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.