|Created by||Ajai Sinha|
|Written by||Ashok Vasant Patole|
|Directed by||Ajai Sinha|
|Starring||Seema Kapoor, Shefali Chaya, Harsh Chhaya, Dharmesh Vyas|
|Opening theme||Hasratein hi hasratein hai aur kya hai|
|Country of origin||India|
|No. of seasons||4|
|No. of episodes||208|
|Producer(s)||Sangeeta Sinha, Raakesh Shah|
|Running time||30 minutes|
|Original channel||Zee TV|
Hasratein (Desires) is an Indian television soap opera that was telecast on Zee TV in the mid 1990s. It is the story of Savi, a woman who leaves her husband and maintains an extra-marital relationship with another married man, with both their spouses being aware of the situation. Hasratein was one of the most popular television shows of the 1990s. According to Shubhra Gupta, film and television critic, the popularity of the serial "had made it a catalyst for the discussion of issues of marital discord, in spite of the embarrassment the serial generated for many people."
Seema Kapoor played the character of Savi for the first 99 episodes. She was then replaced by Shefali Chhaya, whose her work earned her the Zee Woman of the Year award in 1997.
- Seema Kapoor as Savi (episodes 1—99)
- Shefali Chaya as Savi (episodes 100—208)
- Harsh Chhaya as Krishnakant Trivedi (KT)
- Dharmesh Vyas as Professor Shyam Verma
- Mrinal Kulkarni as Asmita Trivedi
- Cezanne Khan as Yogesh, son of KT and Asmita
- Aman Khanna/Jiten Lalwani as Satish, son of Savi and Shyam Verma
- Ketaki Dave as Manasi
- Nagesh Bhosle as union leader Kishan Murari
- Sarita Joshi as Savi's neighbour
- Himani Shivpuri as Sulakshana, mother of Savi
- Ajit Vachhani as Savi's uncle
- Rita Bhaduri as Savi's aunt
- Neha Pendse as Urja, daughter of Savi and KT
- Anju Mahendru as KT's mother
- Nupur Alankar/Bhairavi Raichura as Rani
- Akash Bhardwaj as Bobby, husband of Rani
Cast/creative co-ordination : Kalpita Rajopadhye (till 100 episodes)
- Bobby Khanna
- Sana Sheikh
- Vipra Rawal
- Arup Pal
- Bhuwan Das
- Sonal as Savi
- Mugdha Shah
- "Steamy scene in 'Hasratein' takes serial to top slot : SOCIETY & THE ARTS - India Today". Indiatoday.intoday.in. 1997-08-11. Retrieved 2013-11-10.
- "Harsh Chhaya's wife Shefali to replace Seema Kapoor in Hasratein : SOCIETY & THE ARTS - India Today". Indiatoday.intoday.in. 1997-08-25. Retrieved 2013-11-10.
- In India we place women on a pedestal
- Introductory Presentation by CFAR- WHY Monitor the Media?
- She's dynamite!
- Right direction