|This article needs additional citations for verification. (June 2011)|
Nuvola (from Italian "cloud", Nuvola as evolution of the SKY icon theme) is a free software icon set under the GNU LGPL 2.1 license, created by David Vignoni. Originally created for desktop environments like KDE and GNOME, it is also available in packages for Windows and Macintosh. The final version, 1.0, contains almost 600 icons. The default set is in the PNG graphics format; an SVG version is also available.
The application icons, in particular, colourfully represent a wide variety of commonplace and easily recognised objects. Most icons are blue, but other colours are present as well.
Besides KDE and GNOME, Nuvola is used by the Pidgin instant messaging client, the Amarok media player and the KeePass password manager. Nuvola is the default icon set on the OpenLab GNU/Linux distribution. It is also used for many purposes on Wikimedia projects.
Examples of icons
- "David Vignoni Resumé". www.icon-king.com. Retrieved 2014-08-01.
- "goodies". www.icon-king.com. David Vignoni. Archived from the original on 2007-04-03.
- Bluecurve – former default GPL icon set of Fedora
- Computer icon
- Crystal – LGPL icon set by Everaldo Coelho
- Open Clip Art Library
- Oxygen Project – LGPL icon set for KDE
- Palette (computing)
- Tango Desktop Project – developers of a public domain icon set
- Theme (computing)
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Nuvola icons.|
|Look up nuvola in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
- Nuvola Icon Theme version 1.0, the official package distribution which contains the original KDE 3 compatible version of Nuvola
- Nuvola page on David Vignoni website Official source for original Nuvola packages and future development
- gnome-themes-extras, a package which contains a GNOME SVG version of Nuvola