Hunting lodge nearby Nyíradony
Aerialphotography: Nyíradony - ruins
Nyíradony is a town in Hajdú-Bihar county, in the Northern Great Plain region of eastern Hungary.
It covers an area of 96.59 km2 (37 sq mi) and has a population of 8,070 people (2001).
Places of interest
- New sports hall with indoor pool and sauna
- Greek catholic church in the city centre with nice wall paintings
- Ruin of a little chapel that was destroyed by the Tatars in the 12. century.
- By car: Highway 471 connects Nyíradony with Debrecen.
- By train: There are sporadic direct connections to Budapest. In general it is necessary to change trains in Debrecen for long distance connections.
- In the forest (about 3 Kilometer east of Nyíradony) there is a hunting lodge with a guesthouse.
Coordinates: 47°41′N 21°55′E / 47.683°N 21.917°E