|King of Heaven,
Progenitor of Litungas
Symbol for Nyame
Mwanasolundwi Muyunda Mumbo wa Mulonga
Mother of Nyame was named Ngula. She was a goddess created by her own son.
His divine wife is Asase Ya, goddess of earth and fate and they have two children: Tano, river god of war and Bia, god of wild animals (he is also called Bea). Also the son or servant and herald of Nyame is Anansi, the Spider Trickster god, bringer of knowledge and stories.
Nyame and Anansi
Nyame gave Anansi his stories in exchange for gifts, and then charged the spider-god to walk the world and find new stories.
- She was also a stepdaughter of Nyame.
- God of waters.
- Also god of waters.
- Egerton Sykes, Alan Kendall (2001). Who's who in non-classical mythology. Routledge. p. 144. ISBN 9780415260404. Retrieved 2010-05-24.
- The Lozi peoples of north-western Rhodesia by Victor Witter Turner
- Family tree of Litungas
- Origin of death
- Harold Scheub, Nyambe And The Origin of Death. A Dictionary of African Mythology, Oxford University Press, 2000
- African Mythology, A to Z by Patricia Ann Lynch, Jeremy Roberts
- See Ashanti linguist staff finial.